GDS: Wardell Interview Promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDS: Wardell Interview Promo

It's Apolyton Civilization Site Radio (ACSR) live you have never heard it before. ACSR, a service division of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), is launching a "Game Developer Series" ("GDS") show as part of its ongoing line-up. Each GDS edition will be hosted by ACS Co-Owner Administrator, Daniel "DanQ" Quick. The first in this series will be a multi-part edition with Stardock Systems (SS) Founder and President Brad "Frogboy"/"Draginol" Wardell. Wardell will be discussing not only his company's upcoming Galactic Civilizations sequel Dread Lords, but SS itself in relation to how the GalCiv series has reached this point in its development.

In anticipation of this interview, Quick and Wardell have recorded a 2 1/2 minute promo that is now available for listening live on-demand from ACSR's homepage. In addition to a RealAudio stream at 20kbps, ACSR is for the first time offering one of its shows in MP3 format as well and in a higher-quality 56kbps stream. For best results, ACS recommends the http://www.winamp.com" TARGET="_new">WinAmp application for listening to the MP3 version. For the RM version, both http://www.real.com/player" TARGET="_new">the free RealPlayer and http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm" TARGET="_new">alternatively the free Real Alternative programs are available for download.

The full interview with Wardell will again be released in multiple parts over the coming weeks. Quick is also ACSR's Station Manager.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; October 7, 2005, 15:16.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Nice scoop. Sid next?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      Nice scoop. Sid next?
      Thanks.

Who knows?

--------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

is that available in a single DL for those of us without connects so crappy we cant even do streaming?
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
          is that available in a single DL for those of us without connects so crappy we cant even do streaming?
          It is -- for both the MP3 and RM versions.

With the RM file, you can right-click it in your preferred browser and choose "Save Link As" or equivalent. To download the MP3 version to a permanent location on your computer, the easiest way is to change the '.m3u' extension to 'mp3'.

--------
          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

thanks dan

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

thanks dan
              You're welcome, Cataphract.

Let me know what you think of the clip!

--------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

sounded like 2 guys on the radio talking
                though you sounded adequately professional.

i hadnt payed any attention to the radio thing before.ill have to check some of these out in the future

frogman

Comment

Re: GDS: Wardell Interview Promo

Originally posted by DanQ
                  MP3
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Re: Re: GDS: Wardell Interview Promo

sounded like 2 guys on the radio talking
                    though you sounded adequately professional.
                    Adequately? I mean, come on, we weren't having any fun at all...

i hadnt payed any attention to the radio thing before.ill have to check some of these out in the future

I personally recommend all clips accessible there...

frogman

Originally posted by Maniac
                    [to MP3]
                    Glad you enjoyed that option. What did you think of the clip itself?

---------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

all the others seem to be in RM

i much prefer MP3 if for the sole reason i dont want rm installed here,even if it takes more time to dl

Comment

all the others seem to be in RM

i much prefer MP3 if for the sole reason i dont want rm installed here,even if it takes more time to dl
                        Yes, to date all other ACSR broadcasts have been available exclusively in RM. While I have not tried the following application myself, it is a reported alternative to having RealPlayer installed. You may find you prefer it enough to keep it installed so you can listen to these and other RM files.

Download Real Alternative 2.0.2 : Real Alternative is enabling you to play RealMedia files without installing RealPlayer or RealOne Player

Let me know.

---------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

ill give it a try sometime

Comment

Working...
                          X