"THOACS": 'Preface', 'Chapter 1' Published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "THOACS": 'Preface', 'Chapter 1' Published

In development on and off for nearly three years, today marks the beginning of the publishing of the first volume of Apolyton Civilization Site's "The History of...". From from the full introduction:

Seven years ago, Daniel Quick and Markos Giannopoulos agreed to merge their respective Civilization II fansites and form Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). The joint press release issued by Quick and Giannopoulos would be the first of many, setting out what the site would incorporate, how it would operate and discussing future plans. Little attention was paid to the roads travelled to get to that point.

Within a year of this time, a general however brief history of how ACS came into being was published on-site. [..] Many... questions remained unanswered, and others still unasked. Until now. [..]

The first volume in a multi-part serial, ["]The History of Apolyton Civilization Site["] (["]THOACS["]), has been completed. Written by Quick, the nearly 9,000 words in "An Ultimate Journey" go over in greater detail than ever before publicly disclosed the trials, tribulations and triumphs of UCIVII from its founding to its morphing. Nearly 150 endnotes speak to the effort and extent of research conducted by Quick to make this work as comprehensive and authoritative as possible.
    Today, both the Preface and first chapter have been published. The second chapter is presently scheduled for release on August 25th.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

I read that as "THAC0s"...

I'm such a geek.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Me too.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

daaamn dogg I was never aware of this DelPrete character

will there be backstabbing involved
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Nice.

But it took 3 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
            will there be backstabbing involved
            You will be able to judge for yourself in the not-too-distant future.

Originally posted by DrSpike
            Nice.
            Thanks.

Originally posted by DrSpike
            But it took 3 years?
            Hence the qualifier "on and off". The primary reason its writing and release were delayed for so long was 'real life' issues (i.e. being a university student).

--------
            Dan; Apolyton CS

P.S. joncha/Theben: don't worry. Some might argue that by reading this ongoing feature alone you are a geek...
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Great stuff, Dan I can hardly wait for the rest
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

You know Dan, I actually found Glubco on my own one night. I was bored so I typed in "Glub" into the address bar and up came Mike's site. I still have his resume on my computer. In fact, I actually inquired if he could produce a website for a New York college political organization. It's only sheer coincidince that I found Poly. I never made a connection between Delprete and this site.

What's DelPrete doing now? Last email I got from him was kind of weird.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found him.
                Last edited by Harry Tuttle; August 19, 2005, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                  Great stuff, Dan I can hardly wait for the rest

I am also making an allusion to something UCIVII related by using the particular smilie above. If you're not certain and want to know, I encourage you to read (or re-read) the first chapter.

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                  You know Dan, I actually found Glubco on my own one night. I was bored so I typed in "Glub" into the address bar and up came Mike's site.
                  This gave me an idea. I typed "apolyton" into my address bar, and viola, ACS.

---------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

I am also making an allusion to something UCIVII related by using the particular smilie above. If you're not certain and want to know, I encourage you to read (or re-read) the first chapter.
                    I´m certain
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                    X