Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton 7: PLUS Features & Offers: 30% OFF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton 7: PLUS Features & Offers: 30% OFF!

Our 7th year celebrations include new features and offers for our PLUS users:

- The "Full Reply in Automated Notification Email" feature will be brought down to Regular PLUS users from only Lifetime users.

- Lifetime users can now have custom titles!
    Interested users simply pm MarkG to arrange their title (some obvious restrictions on what you can have apply )

- Our Email Forwarding feature is upgraded to a full POP3 account!

For Regular PLUS users the choices are:
    civilization2.net,
    civilization3.net
    civilization4.net
    calltopower.net
    galciv.net
    moo3.net

For Lifetime PLUS users:
    all of the above plus apolyton.com

Interested users can pm MarkG.

We'll probably have 1-2 more features coming up shortly.

Now to the offer:

2 Years and 3 Years subscriptions have a 30% price cut until August 24th, 2005. That comes down to 25$ from $36 for the 2 years subscription and 35$ from 50$ for the 3 years subscription.

For existing users an upgrade option is availiable. For example a user with 1 year subscription can extend for one more year with only $7 (difference between 25$ and 18$)

Happy birthday Apolyton and a big thank you to our supporters!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Mark: First off, cool stuff. However, I have a constructive criticism and a query.

First the constructive criticism. I argued at the inception of PLUS that the lifetime subscriber price should be looked at again, as it was clearly overpriced. To random viewers please don't think this whinge was my main contribution to the debate - I spent countless posts (hell, it was A/C, so they all counted ) pointing out to the surprisingly substantial numbers of PLUS naysayers that they were wrong.

And now, with the discounts to the standard subscriptions, you need to pay the effective amount for 12 years to get the lifetime sub.

The query is can you refresh our memories (well mine) on the possible payment methods please. At the inception Paypal was the only way, which I am certain hindered the amount of resources 'Poly raised. Is that still the situation now? I recall something about the store, but that has clear drawbacks. Did you add any other ways?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      And now, with the discounts to the standard subscriptions, you need to pay the effective amount for 12 years to get the lifetime sub.
      lifetime has first and mainly always been an issue of showing your financial support, and much less a sort of an "investment" where it would be worth after 7-8 years.... (we're talking about 18$/year now, the equivalent of 2-3 cinema tickets)

Did you add any other ways?
      yes, via our Store through the following products category

the 30% offer applies to these products:
      (with the first two you can save $5 using coupon code SUMSAV)

- 3 Year PLUS + Nuclear Summer T-Shirt @ $43.99 (original price $58.99)

- 2 Years Plus + Yellow Communism T-Shirt @ $40.00 (original price $51.00)

- 2 Year PLUS + Nuclear Sticker @ $24.39 (original price $35.39)

similarily priced products can be arranged on request (e.g. if you like a different shirt or a different image)

Paypal also now allows payments via checks, you dont need a credit card

Comment

I disagree on the lifetime subscription point - you can always allow donations for those who want to support 'Poly over and above their subscription. IMO the goal should be to have a more realistic lifetime price. I know I would have got one when PLUS started if the price was realistic.

But then, it's not my site.

Could you elaborate on the paypal checks (cheques?) please. Relying on paypal and the store is a big constraint IMO; perhaps this new possibility will help if it is publicised in this forum.

Comment

I disagree on the lifetime subscription point - you can always allow donations for those who want to support 'Poly over and above their subscription. IMO the goal should be to have a more realistic lifetime price. I know I would have got one when PLUS started if the price was realistic.
          i guess our products do not reach your market segment

Could you elaborate on the paypal checks (cheques?) please. Relying on paypal and the store is a big constraint IMO; perhaps this new possibility will help if it is publicised in this forum.
          see the following
          Find answers to your PayPal questions. Browse common questions, watch videos, or ask the Community.

i disagree on your comment about the store. especially in the US (shipping is just 0.60$), the sticker option is the best for someone with a credit card that doesnt like Paypal, as the final price is exactly the same as via paypal (and you have a cool "nuclear" sticker )

Comment

You should be more than aware that there are a sizeable amount of members not in the US. It is for those that the store is not a great solution.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              - 2 Years Plus + Yellow Communism T-Shirt @ $40.00 (original price $51.00)
              http://www.cafepress.com/apolyton.27006567
              Ow, I like this offer. Cafepress seems to be down though

Comment

it's up for me now....

Comment

You should be more than aware that there are a sizeable amount of members not in the US. It is for those that the store is not a great solution.
                  i understand that and for them i believe paypal is a good solution.

i've been using paypal for years with zero problems. lately they have even added the ability to withdraw fund directly to a greek bank account and i do some of the ad payments for top40-charts.com via them without any issues.

and even if someone doesnt to use his own credit card, our gift feature allows a fellow apolytoner to pay for the subscription....

Comment

How much money does 'poly raise throught ads?
                    (+1)

Comment

I think that´s a company secret
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

we're in the NYSE just yet

Comment

I'm guessing there should have been a 'not' in there.

Comment

you must have magical powers

Comment

Nah, he´s just lucky
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X