Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do pages from bigger threads take longer to load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do pages from bigger threads take longer to load?

I've noticed this: If this is one of the longer threads, with 9 pages or so, the page will take more to load if it is page 1 of 2 pages - Did anyone else notice this?
    urgh.NSFW

It's especially apparent with the picture thread.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It's because there are more pages.

Comment

Is it anything to do with rebuilding the thread from the database?
        (+1)

Comment

IIRC spartak is correct.

Comment

wait, so the entire thread is rebuilt from the database? I thought that visualisation were individual posts rebuilt by making a query of posts via a thread ID number, and sorted by time of posting... but I guess that would return the entire thread, too.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think the threads are stored like linked lists, so it has to trace through the entire thread to get a particular page.

Comment

if you would like to back the question with exact numbers you can look out for the "Page generated in xxxx seconds" at the bottom of pages
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Ah, I almost forgot about this feature.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    if you would like to back the question with exact numbers you can look out for the "Page generated in xxxx seconds" at the bottom of pages

Page generated in 0.0686 seconds (79.61% PHP - 20.39% MySQL) with 27 queries
                    Page Loading Time: Please Wait

What's the 'page loading time' and why does it always say 'please wait'? Wouldn't that just be the same time as the 'page generated' time?
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Page generated Time: the time it has taken for the server to generate the html of the page
                      Page Loading Time: the time it has taken for the page to fully load on your browser along with all images on it
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        The World Soccer Thread III:

Page generated in 1.0656 seconds (63.81% PHP - 36.19% MySQL) with 36 queries
                        Page Loading Time: 4.562 seconds

The Quoted By Hack-thread:

Page generated in 0.3738 seconds (93.61% PHP - 6.39% MySQL) with 38 queries
                        Page Loading Time: 1.812 seconds

Comment

Obviously it's the database.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            I think the threads are stored like linked lists, so it has to trace through the entire thread to get a particular page.
                            wouldn't that make more sense in branching forums?
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                            X