Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quoted By" Hack

Hey y'all,

On other forums I've been on you could quote other's posts with the "Originally posted by" by using:

{Quote=Imran} {/Quote}

{ } standing for [ ]

Instead of doing the whole {size=1} Originally Posted... {size}, after doing the original Quote command.

Could we have this? It'd make it far easier to quote multiple posts by multiple posters.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Even better, make it {Q=...}

Comment

Agreed, it would make things easier. If Markos has the time and is willing to spend it on this, all the better.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This suggestion has my Seal of Approval.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Comment

It'd be nice, but not all that crucial.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It would certainly make a nice addition.

I'm thankfull we don't have to write it completely though and can just do the [ q ] [ / q ] thing, that pisses me off on other fora.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                This suggestion has my Seal of Approval.
                Well if it has Alex's Seal ( ) how could we not?

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Agreed, it would make things easier. If Markos has the time and is willing to spend it on this, all the better.
                  fix the SLeague forum first though

Comment

It would probably be an improvement, but shouldn't be too high on the priority list.

Comment

I see this as a very useful item in many OT debates. There are times when you want to quote multiple posters or to respond to a quote in parts or even both. Identifying the original poster would add to clarity in these situations. Should Markos and Dan have the time, this would be a welcome addition.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well if it has Alex's Seal ( ) how could we not?

Thank you. Now go and kill some jedis for me.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Very, very useful .

Edit: Markos, 64980 registered users now. A new feauture for 65k ?
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Excellent idea but it would be even better to make it [Q} rather than {quote] for everything! Think how amny key strokes would be saved over a period of time. Multiply that by the number of members and then multiply by the cost of the fodd needed to be eaten to fuel the fingers doing the posting. In one fell swoop the world hunger problem is abated. and make poverty history (!)
                            (+1)

Comment

I'd rather they fix the Go Go(N) buttons in the top right corner, so that I don't get a horizontal scroll bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X