This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question about the inner workings of moderatorship

Whenever a post is reported, how does it get acted on? Does one specific moderator handle all reported posts, or does it just go into a big pile that any mod can read and respond to?

Or do the mods of each forum handle each report? (For example if Asher was the mod for the Mac forum and I reported a post in the Mac forum, only he could read the report.)
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Let's report this thread and find out.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

It would be more useful to make mrmitchell a mod, then he can report back to us on his findings.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Or do the mods of each forum handle each report? (For example if Asher was the mod for the Mac forum and I reported a post in the Mac forum, only he could read the report.)
        That's what happens. It gets emailed to all the mods who are mods of the specific forum it is in.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

That's what happens. It gets emailed to all the mods who are mods of the specific forum it is in.
          While that is a partially true answer... we also use the "first on the scene" principle. Many times, one of the mods that have rights over all forums will act before a specific forum mod will, only because they see the complaint first. For example, I might respond to a complaint in a forum I don't specifically mod if I'm the first to see it. MarkG and DanQ also sometimes respond to a complaint even though they aren't assigned specifically to the forum that the complaint comes from.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, of course. Sorry that I wasn't as thorough as I should have been in my answer.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Übermods...
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Nothing wrong with them. Increased response-time means there is less disruption to the site.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                  Übermods...
                  Normal posters...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                    Well, of course. Sorry that I wasn't as thorough as I should have been in my answer.
                    You must now report to the Punishment Room.
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Follow up question is why did MrMitchell want to know?
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

Normal posters...
                        If only we had a couple of these.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                          Follow up question is why did MrMitchell want to know?
                          Why did you think he wanted to know?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He wants to know the secrets of the modship in order to usurp their powers?
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

While that is a partially true answer... we also use the "first on the scene" principle. Many times, one of the mods that have rights over all forums will act before a specific forum mod will, only because they see the complaint first. For example, I might respond to a complaint in a forum I don't specifically mod if I'm the first to see it. MarkG and DanQ also sometimes respond to a complaint even though they aren't assigned specifically to the forum that the complaint comes from.
                              asked...answered...thread still here...hmmm. Inviting spam or discussion on the current system?
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X