Apolyton RSS Feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton RSS Feed?

Have you guys thought of this? I'd keep it permanently bookmarked.
    Only feebs vote.

hey, this is a cool idea. I support it.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

A bit of my reasoning:

Both Firefox and Safari support RSS feeds within the browser by means of Live Bookmarks (Screenshot attached). Microsoft have just announced that this feature will be in IE 7, so this means that all the major browsers on all three major platforms will support RSS.

I often miss Poly news because I'm too lazy to visit the front page. But if I had a Live Poly Bookmark, I would be instantly alerted to the new content.

I have no idea of how much work this would involve, but if it was not too much, I think it would improve the site. Apolyton special offers would certainly have a better chance of reaching my eyes if an RSS feed was started.

Please don't think of this as a whine. I just think it would be a good addition to the site from a subscriber's point of view.
      Attached Files
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Opera also supports RSS feeds within the browser, so I'd like to see this implemented. And it would probably increase the number of hits on other pages besides the forum ones, because RSS subscribers would have easy access to Poly news.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          A bit of my reasoning:

Both Firefox and Safari support RSS feeds within the browser by means of Live Bookmarks (Screenshot attached). Microsoft have just announced that this feature will be in IE 7, so this means that all the major browsers on all three major platforms will support RSS.
          Since when is Macintosh a major platform?

Comment

Royal Satanic Society?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

RSS feeds do generate a lot of traffic though...

Comment

But Apolyton's RSS feed would be accessed by members, and there are only a few hundred of those who'd bookmark the link.

That's one hit on a page per hour per member. Much less than the forums get. I imagine the average participating Poly member downloads a few hundred forum pages a day. What's 8 or so more hits?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

what is the benefit of rss?
                  "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Real ****ty Service
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The benefit of RSS is that Markos can post a thread praising it in the OT, but ignore a thread a loyal member starts in the community forum asking whether this praiseworthy feature will be added to his favourite site.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Easier for him to post "#7" one time.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

i wasnt praising rss, i was making an comment on Microsoft's excitment that after all these years they managed to add an rss feeder on a version of ie that will come out in 1-2 years
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                            i wasnt praising rss, i was making an comment on the Microsoft's excitment that after all these years they managed to add an rss feeder on a version of ie that will come out in 1-2 years
                            Well, when it does, will people be able to use it to access a wonderful Apolyton RSS feed?
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

in 1-2 years? sure!
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X