Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no forum style designed for textbased browsers as lynx or likns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there no forum style designed for textbased browsers as lynx or likns?

Well, here I am having my higend workstation transported home for the summer and I have to stay behind until mid next week, and the oly thing I have to access polly is my lowend linux server, not even running X. That means I'm limited to console webbrowsers, and I must say that the forum styles are really bad with them. The forum listing doesn't even show up (I did even try to change to light stile to see ig that should help)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Yes, please make a forum style that actually works with lynx

Comment

why don't you guys try coding one then

Markos and dan's style sheets are accessible if you go to Tools>Source on IE so I'd assume you can view them in any text viewer. Markos and Dan don't hide their code.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

There is no way to change ho things are put into tables. Of cource it could be possible to write a console apolyton viever that parses the html generated by some style and translates that into an extreme light style.

I just got a spare computer up and running, so I won't need it that badly any more. Would still be good to have.

Comment

ah- so it requires extra software to do then. I apologize for jumping to conclusions about the relative ease of conversion.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It would be possible to do on the serverside. vB has support for different forum styles (as youmight have noticed).

Comment

Working...
            X