Downtime Report: May 24th, 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtime Report: May 24th, 2005

For reasons that are not yet fully known, the "apolyton.net" domain became inaccessible as a result of action taken without warning by Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) host EV1Servers.net (EV1). "Settler III", ACS' server, was available to accept connection requests during the up-to-9-hour window of "apolyton.net" inaccessibility. All other domains held by ACS including "apolyton.com" were not affected by this problem.

The "apolyton.net" became accessible again after the ACS administration contacted EV1. Due to the nature of the action, and incomplete details relayed to ACS of the action to date, it could be up to 72 hours before all Internet users attempting to access ACS through "apolyton.net" are able to do so again. This is a conservative estimate, however. Based on the information that we have received so far it should take no more than 6 hours for this accessibility to be restored to or near full. The inaccessibility was the result of a Domain Name Server (DNS) issue, and it may take some time for Internet Service Providers (ISPs) around the globe to update their settings.

We are working to stay in contact with EV1 about this matter including obtaining full details of the reason(s) this action was taken, and what can be done to avoid it from happening in the future. On behalf of the ACS staff and administration, we apologize for any inconvenience this downtime caused.

Yours truly,

--------
    Daniel Quick
    Co-Owner/Administrator
    Apolyton Civilization Site
    http://apolyton.net
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Don't worry, this was the best kind of downtime - when I wasn't here anyway.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed it. But I had better things to do anyway, so...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Had some nasty downtime earlier today. A related issue?

Comment

Edit: deleted due to misinterpretation...
          Last edited by Zoid; May 26, 2005, 05:56.
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            Had some nasty downtime earlier today. A related issue?
            Hmmm.. I am not aware of any Apolyton downtime today. About what time (EST)? Anybody else experience the same problem?

---------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

About 6.30-7PM GMT.

Comment

Working...
              X