This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules on Moderation Question from Asher

Asher asked me to post this since he is currently banned. I don't know the situation and am not taking sides, but am posting this since Asher asked me to:

Urban Ranger just banned me for calling him a "partisan idiot" after he said Windows 1.0 and 2.0 didn't have GUIs (which is very appropriate IMO): http://apolyton.net/showthread?threadid=133497

I was under the impression that moderators were third-party, and not part of debates themselves...
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; September 27, 2012, 15:11.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

If they are in the debate they are part of the debate. Just because they are mods doesn't mean they have to take the abuse a normal poster doesn't have to take.

Is a banning too much? maybe.

But, if he had warned him, there is the possibility that UR would have been flamed even more.

Now, if another mod had been on he could have warned him.

But, you take your chances and Asher lost.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Asher did make a direct personal attack.

In the end you're still a clueless partisan idiot.
      We have all seen others being warned and banned for making personal attacks and he had made other personal attacks in that thread before getting a 24hr ban.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

One would hope that mods would exercise restraint in dealing with posters they do not like. That hasn't always been the case with Asher and UR in my opinion, over the whole set of 'issues'.

However, there is no laid down standard for the attack rules, and Asher will get no joy by requesting info on them. Since 'discussions' will continue as long as UR and Asher are members I'd suggest him editing his posts before posting them to remove anything that looks like a personal attack.

Comment

Apparently the offending thread is deleted. But mods shouldn´t have to take that kind of abuse. Asher gets what he deserves. It´s soo like him to be a damn idiot and then come crying and say that the mods are mean to him when they crack down on his idiocy...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
            Apparently the offending thread is deleted. But mods shouldn´t have to take that kind of abuse. Asher gets what he deserves. It´s soo like him to be a damn idiot and then come crying and say that the mods are mean to him when they crack down on his idiocy...
            And how is that not a personal attack on Asher?
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yep, see ya in a week Dr Zoidberg...

Smiley added for effect.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Serious question here-

Please could we forcibly have Agathon, Asher and UR put on each other's "ignore" list?

The constant bickering is tedious as all hell. That thread was openly and nakedly set up to troll Asher, and it worked. However the moderator on the scene decides to overlook that fact, take the side absolutely anybody could have predicted given the track record, and subsequently ban Asher. That's very poor judgement.

Asher and Agathon can't leave each other alone. I think it's some kind of repressed passion thing. UR can't convince anybody that he's impartial enough to handle it fairly and effectively. Get them ignoring each other and the problem's solved.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

In all honesty, I am just as guilty as I too posted an insult.
                  There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Asher should have been here long enough to know mods are not third party. Hell, even Ming joins debates, maybe he should take a look into some econo thread or another. And he knows it, he's just trying to sound clever.

Comment

Oh and ban Qilue for being as guilty.

Comment

While there is some merit to Laz's plan, it would have dire effects on the Off Topic forum itself. I mean, what other threads would exist in that forum?
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And your point is...???

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I was called a commie Sims player just recently. Since that is far worse than what Asher called UR I would like all posters involved in the personal attack banned immediately.

Comment

Dr Spike is just a commie Sims player.

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X