This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a laptop in Asia

I might pass by Hong Kong at the end of this summer, and I wondered if there was a big difference in prices or if anyone knew "things to know" about buying in Asia like this. I wonder if it would mean to kiss support goodbye also...

I know someone from Hong Kong who got a 1.3GHz laptop for 2000$ or less... two years ago. I was also said that people from mainland China go to Hong Kong to buy their laptops to get better prices so...

But I checked the IBM ThinkPads on IBM website to compare and... sometimes it seems quite cheaper, sometimes the opposite. I don't get it and I wonder what's that.

Any info appreciated, thanks
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

I didn't notice any real difference in prices when I was there last year, but then I never left the airport.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Isn't this off-topic here?
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Unless you plan to run the server off the new laptop, this is certainly in the wrong forum.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
        X