Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did they stop linking through Amazon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did they stop linking through Amazon?

I noticed Dan Q made an announcement that ACS will no longer support link through sales with Amazon. Why? What changed?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I was wondering about that too. Nothing was mentioned about it in the mod forum. Strangeness.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

IIRC it's hopefully coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        IIRC it's hopefully coming back.
        Yes, our Amazon affiliation will resume. I cannot give a definitive timeline on it yet, but with all luck by this time next month this association will be restored.

---------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Update -- see http://apolyton.net/about or the 'Announcements' section of any forum set.

----------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

For lazy people, the Amazon affiliation has returned but not for Amazon.com.

Comment

It doesn't mention anything about the "why" though.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Your point?
                (+1)

Comment

That it doesn't explain why. Keep up please.

Comment

Would Dan or Mark like to anwser the why question.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I can think of one (or possibly two) good reasons why, and also why the reason would not be advertised.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

One involves a massive conspiracy and a grassy knoll. The other? Who knows.........

Comment

Well, I suppose Amazon is a book repository.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                            I can think of one (or possibly two) good reasons why, and also why the reason would not be advertised.
                            Yes, we will not be advertising the reason why. Suffice to say, a misunderstanding has been resolved.

-----------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Fair enough.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X