Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdul,
    Please read the rest of this thread: this mod WILL be available for free in a few weeks time.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Really ? Ok, i say nothing
      L'Arabe Dément
      l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

• "oh and you should hear from Maq in the next couple of days ref my order(and donation) for AoM ". Child of Thor.

I have received it today and I am overwhelmed.

Please go to:

This single act has silenced my wife and made her smile, so now I can keep working on AOM in peace

Thank you ever so much COT.

Comment

• Progress on Heroes Poll (all forums).

3 Votes.
          Tuthmosis III.
          2 votes.
          Wu-Ti
          Leonidas.
          Leiv Eirikson.

Comment

• ummm, did i vote yet? if not, then i vote for HanWuDi...Wu-Ti in the poll...

Comment

• Originally posted by stankarp
              Progress on Heroes Poll (all forums).

3 Votes.
              Tuthmosis III.
              2 votes.
              Wu-Ti
              Leonidas.
              Leiv Eirikson.
              whats the info on my vote for Hywl Dda? i put a load of info here http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=6
              [on that note of the 44 civs are the welsh still in it? - i guess that would help if i was going to vote for a welsh medieval hero unit that could bring about a happiness and laws(anti corruption) boost ].

and thanks for my big shinny 3 stars

The way i look at it - i can(and do!) spend £40 on most games these days that will give we about 15hrs max playing time and no replayability value.
              AoM will easily equal and surpass those 'value' stats - so my donation reflected that value.

Now if Activision(and most other big publishing companies) got there S**t together - i'd be giving them much more of my money.

As it is i'm very happy to donate it to a fan(s) that has put so much effort into extending the life of one of my fav games
              Last edited by child of Thor; April 11, 2005, 08:49.
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Sorry CoT, no Welsh.

I will see what I can do about that. :-))

Comment

Sorry CoT, no Welsh.

Well technically speaking they didn't exist until Offa's ditch(d y ke) and all that.
                  'welsh' or 'welch' being the dannish/saxon word for foreigner - cheeky invaiders!).

But obviously the people that are now called the welsh were around from before the last iceage.
                  So i guess you could call the people of britain celts to cover the ancient period.

Obviously i just like playing as the welsh from scratch, although maybe having them as the Cymri(the welsh word for wales being Cymru) would be more historicaly accurate?

I love british ancient history - we are a complex mix of many different peoples(how else do we end up with a german+greek royal family!)

As long as we have the 'celts' i'll be happy
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Leiv Eirikson.
                    That's wrong spelling. It's Leiv Erikson.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Sorry CoT, no Welsh.

Don't worry, there aren't any Welsh heroes of note.

Comment

• "That's wrong spelling. It's Leiv Erikson".

I asked for clarification from the person who voted for him as the seconder spelt it differently. The reply suggested it could be spelt either way.

Celts are in already CoT:-) I thought of a problem having the Welsh in, I cannot give them a trait of SINGING, but may be that would make them happy, so their trait would be happiness :-)) Or could they be +1 hit point because they beat England at Rugby recently?:-))

Comment

• I live in Norway, I am a Norwegian, I am interested in history, and I have never ever seen his name spelled like that.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• "Erikson" it will be then, BTW are you voting for him?

At this stage it looks like I will put all 4 nominees in, removing Xenophon for Leonidas.

Comment

• There are actually many different spellings of the name, depending on who you ask. The first name has been spelt as Leiv, Leif, Leifur and Leifr (though Leif is by far the most common), while his surname has been Ericson, Ericsson, Erikson, Eriksson, Eirikson and Eiriksson (Ericson and Eriksson are the most common though). All possible combinations of first and last name can be found somewhere. So just go with whatever fancies you...
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Don't worry, there aren't any Welsh heroes of note.
                                Philistine

As you no doubt know - victors tend to write the history books. As with the Irish and the Scots, Wales had its share from down the ages(as most warlike people did).

And as an englishman(i'm asuming you are one), you can be thankfull to the welsh longbow man. Without him the english would have most likely been French(properly french, not just 1066 french ), probably not beaten the Scots, and not had its position of power established in the middle ages from which to build its empire.

and dont forget Gareth Edwards and Phil Bennet - the great rugby players of the 70's

@ Stankarp,

at 'Singing' - still it is a fine and worthy trait that has many uses where moral needs a boost(trenches of both world wars for example, where english officers would get the welsh soilders to sing to lift the troops).

So how's AoM coming along? I can see a lot of folks i know from here in the credits and acknowledgments. So who are the main benificaries of any donations, directly for AoM? or if thats not our business to know then fair enough(but it might be nice to establish it, if it's not been done already)
                                Last edited by child of Thor; April 12, 2005, 05:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X