No announcement yet.

we have 9.7G of attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also some of the pictures in the picture thread are not of posters, even I'm guilty of that a couple of times. Those can be deleted.

Comment

you mention deleting pics... is the server over loaded with the 10GB or something?
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        He stopped by the OT briefly not too long ago, but has since disappeared again.
        He's sooo cute... I hope he comes by again.. post some more pics..
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Re: we have 9.7G of attachments

Originally posted by Solver
          Markos, what's the total size of the forum SQL database at this point?
          And I would like to add another question for you Markos: What's the size of the Apolyton directory?

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            the picture thread probably could be cleaned up.

you can get rid of my pictures, I don't want anyone seeing my ugly face. maybe get rid of duplicates. do we need multiple pictures of the same poster?
            You posted them.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              Markos, what's the total size of the forum SQL database at this point?
              2.7G (the data of the attachments are not stored in the database)
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                you mention deleting pics... is the server over loaded with the 10GB or something?
                no, it just makes taking a full backup really long.....

Comment

Re: Re: we have 9.7G of attachments

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  And I would like to add another question for you Markos: What's the size of the Apolyton directory?
                  well, im not sure if this is what you mean, but as it's says on the header of all directory pages
                  Hits: 2007183 Total links in the database: 4098 Total categories in the database: 200

Comment

I think he meant in bytes.

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

you mean the total size of all the files in the directory?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        you mean the total size of all the files in the directory?
                        Yup
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

they are not all under one directory so i dont have an accurate number

a few gigs i'm sure...

Comment

So are you planning on cleaning things up or was this thread just for info?

Comment

if "info" is another word for "showing off" then, yeah, just for info.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                                So are you planning on cleaning things up or was this thread just for info?
                                this thread was an experiment to see if i would yet any "dont you dare do anything on my precious attachments that i posted 3 years ago!" posts

Comment

Working...
                                X