Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be possible for us to gain the ability to delete our own posts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be possible for us to gain the ability to delete our own posts?

what the title says. It would save space and bandwith too . esp if we double post and such.

Good idea? yeah or nay.

Would be good for deleting double posting, however.. it would also let us delete posts that members already responded too.. and that pisses me off on another forum I visit.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I think this has been discussed before... IIRC, the official response was that that would allow people to post something offensive and then delete it before the mod shows up, which is inappropriate for a family site like Apolyton.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
        I think this has been discussed before... IIRC, the official response was that that would allow people to post something offensive and then delete it before the mod shows up, which is inappropriate for a family site like Apolyton.
        People do that anyway with the edit feature.

I know of one poster who has endless amounts of fun making the mods follow him through a trail of wispy edits that once were pictures of fornicating transexuals.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          I know of one poster who has endless amounts of fun making the mods follow him through a trail of wispy edits that once were pictures of fornicating transexuals.
          I'm glad I did not see that...
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I'm upset I missed it!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

So you are saying you are glad that you can edit your own posts

I'm surprised no one has pointed out the DP=+1 equation

and it's NOT that DP...the other DP
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Not sure how possible it is, but perhaps like the edit feature, you could be allowed to delete your own post if you deleted it before anyone else viewed it? (this message has been edited by....... only shows up if someone has viewed your post).

This would seem to be the happy medium of allowing you to delete your own post once you posted and realized it was a double post (or in the wrong forum ) without people abusing the system by posting something and deleting it after it has been seen by other posters (but not the mods ).

/me
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                  Not sure how possible it is, but perhaps like the edit feature, you could be allowed to delete your own post if you deleted it before anyone else viewed it? (this message has been edited by....... only shows up if someone has viewed your post).

This would seem to be the happy medium of allowing you to delete your own post once you posted and realized it was a double post (or in the wrong forum ) without people abusing the system by posting something and deleting it after it has been seen by other posters (but not the mods ).

* Sparrowhawk
                  an even better idea

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                    It's actually a matter of time, not views.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

indeed, the message shows up if your edit is 5 mins after posting time

as for the main question of the thread, no, for the reasons vovan explained
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                      X