Minor vBB hiccup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor vBB hiccup

Currently Poly doesn't seem to keep track of which threads I finished reading in the OTF properly, because they still have red envelopes. This has just recently appeared, for about a week or so.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

You lucky you. It's never worked for me.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It never works on school for me. It didn't work at home before. It does now. For more info from other users, check out the other thread...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Is this a server or client side problem?
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Never, ever, ever worked for me either.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think it has always "not worked" that way if you are using the back button to return to the forum page. Instead of using the back button, use the "Forum Jump" GO button found just below the last post. This marks the last thread you just finished reading as read.

Monk
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Monk, this is not the problem we're talking about.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                Monk, this is not the problem we're talking about.
                Really?? UR mentions just-read threads still having a red envelope. Using the GO button as noted will change the envelope color...something anyone can check very easily...if they make the effort.

Perhaps you are talking about a different "red envelope" problem??

Otherwise, asked and answered.

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

The one I've experienced, is that for example a newly read thread becomes "unread" after I visit another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    The one I've experienced, is that for example a newly read thread becomes "unread" after I visit another thread.
                    I believe this is the problem. Visited threads are stored client-side in limited cookie space. (Come to think of it, that might be your problem right there. Have you changed your cookie settings recently UR?)

It works for a while, for me that is, but it starts forgetting older visited threads in favor of new ones after a while. The cookie reaches max space, I guess. That's why I always use the "mark all forums read" button once I've made my regular sweep through the forums if I'm still going to stay logged in.

Comment

Nope, I haven't changed my cookie settings for ages

I think the cookies are used to store important user stats, while the "bbsthreadview" set of cookies are just temporary - they expire at the end of session.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        I think the cookies are used to store important user stats, while the "bbsthreadview" set of cookies are just temporary - they expire at the end of session.
                        Yes, that too. I assumed you meant threads turned red again within a single browser session.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          You lucky you. It's never worked for me.
                          it always works for me. It's the only way I browse poly. That's why I won't even come here unless I have time to catch up on all the new threads and posts.

Comment

Working...
                          X