A thread about My Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thread about My Threads

Have you ever responded to a thread which you had only a passing interest in....

then strongly regretted doing so, because everytime you look at "My Threads" you see the same dumb thread at the top of the list? The "passing interest" quickly turns to "irritated frustration" followed by a very short road to "expressed anger" every time that thread is at the top of your thread lists.

Fine. Then don't use "My Threads", but what's this? ****, I'm getting an email notification every single time someone posts to that thread I hate. I don't want to turn off email notification for everything, but I can't seem to do it just for this one thread, can I? Must I forever deal with the Apolyton which I brought down upon myself???

Is there any way to remove the "subscription" to a thread once you have responded? Please, for the love of God, tell me what I should do.

Signed,
    Desperate Browser
    Haven't been here for ages....

A common problem I am sure. I can confidently respond to this slightly interesting thread because I have managed to find a decent solution.

I subscribe to threads that I am following and then they will show up in my control panel if anyone has responded recently. The next time this thread shows up there I will select the thread title (not the green "go to last post" Arrow) At the top left corner of the page will be asmall blue "unsubscribe". After I click that your problems will no longer bother me unless I go to "My Threads" and dig you up.

Have a nice life, good bye.
    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

Hmmm.... I don't think this is accurate.

The thread that I am specifically referencing is NOT present on the "Subscribed Threads" in my Control Panel view, but is listed on the "My Threads" or "Your Threads" from the Poly front page.

Therefore, I have no way of unsubscribing, since that's not a feature within "My Threads" and hence the reason for this posting. I am familiar with unsubscribing and would have thought that posting in a thread would put the thread in the "Subscribed Threads" listing under Control Panel.

So don't say "good bye" so quick and get back here and answer my question

Comment

I Only get email notification for threads that I specifically subscribe to. Not every one of "my Threads". Another bit of bad news for you though. I just changed my profile to give me no email notification of anything ever, but still they come.

I just checked and never got an email from this thread. I love it when aplan comes together.

Comment

Okay, I'll give you a call when this thread is updated

Seriously, I really don't understand how this all supposed to work.

Comment

All I can say is subscribe to what you like and just use the control panel instead of "My threads". Email is a little random I guess.

Comment

which thread is it so I can continue bumping it?

Comment

That's strange, SG. I only get e-mail for threads I subscribe to, like 1889.

Originally posted by 1889
                Another bit of bad news for you though. I just changed my profile to give me no email notification of anything ever, but still they come.
                Indeed, it's bugged.

I've set my e-mail client to dump anything from "Apolyton CS Forums Mailer" straight in to the trash.

Comment

Email subscription, as far as I know, only stops new threads being added to the list of threads you get email from. I'm not willing to test this theory out though.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Have you ever responded to a thread which you had only a passing interest in....

Yup, more then once and that's why I'm not posting in this one!
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I used to have a problem with the emails , than i changed the option to end notification, and it stopped. I mean all threads die eventually, no?
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

/me tries to comfort LotM

Yes, but they go to thread heaven where they can be spammed for all eternity without being moderated
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          I used to have a problem with the emails , than i changed the option to end notification, and it stopped. I mean all threads die eventually, no?
                          With the exception of the picture thread.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I never used My Threads because of this problem. I have just put a filter on my email client to delete all mails coming from here AND have the text "new post" in the subject line (that way all other mails like new private message etc can get through)
                            Last edited by Adagio; February 5, 2005, 07:33.
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

My Thread is a great feature! I use it all the time. After I found it, life on 'poly has been much easier thank you. But for this problem, I'd visit the control panel and change some settings...
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X