"Envelope" types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Envelope" types

I've been saving this one, but I can't stand the mystery any longer. Where can I find an explanation for the different envelopes found in the forum? Everyone that I submit has a large black dot in the middle of the envelope, some from other persons have different envelopes that apparently have some meaning. I suspect the black dot that appears on mine is a code for "intelligence suspect - treat reply with caution"
    "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

The black dot appears on every thread you posted in, so you can easily recognize where you did and did not post. Obviously which threads have dots differs per person. Red envelops represent unread threads, yellow ones threads you did read. Thread with vertical lines above the envelops are popular (i.e. get many posts and/or views).
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

With certain styles there is an explanation at the bottom of each page.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hey thanks for the fast replies. Gosh, my own color dot - wow!
        "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Comment

I would still like to see a variant of coding that doesn't mark all unread threads not posted in since your last visit as read.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            Red envelops represent unread threads, yellow ones threads you did read.
            Not quite, otherwise the whole Civ3 forum should be in red. All envelopes of threads are red that contain new posts since your last visit, or got new posts durring your current session until you log out or are logged out. The rest of the envelopes are yellow.

Well I agree with Dauphin that a feature that this does you described would be usefull that allows me to decide which threads should be also read in the next session.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

An image is worth a thousand words:
              Attached Files
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Attached Files
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  With certain styles there is an explanation at the bottom of each page.
                  Not using default

Comment

/me points and laughs
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Not using default
                      What default do you have? My shows it perfectly well.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                      X