This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Meier's Pirates! vs Sid Meier's Sim Golf

I've gotta ask the admins here - what was going through their minds when they deemed that Sim Golf was newsworthy and its development and progress be followed here but that Pirates! wasn't - I would've thought that the latter was at least a little closer to empire-building and would be far more popular among the people that hang out at Apolyton!

Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

I can only presume that the combination of Sid and Will Wright sounded interesting, more interesting than what actually came out, while Pirates! is a sequel to a well known game.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

And SimGolf could have been a huge success like the Sims, and this would attract even more people to the forums...
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

it was more a matter of time rather than will
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Damn I was expecting a poll.

Comment

Me too. SimGolf rulez!!!

Comment

ahh sim golf

one of those games I played for like 2 hours and never played again.

money down the drain .

oh sid, how you have failed me.

Comment

Me the same. And within a very short time (like 3 months or so - is this a record?) , it dropped drastically in price from $69.95 to $29.95. There's $40 I'll never get back. (BTW, I'm talking NZ$ here).

That's a story in itself, the number of games I've bought and before I've really got value for money from them (maybe only played them a bit), they've dropped in price.
                Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  it was more a matter of time rather than will
                  Has it really been that wise devoting so much time to RON? It's a bit of a sneak to consider it an empire-building game in any case. Why no coverage of other RTS games of similar ilk then?

I've got to say that RON is a most disappointing game for me. I just don't get it and why nearly everyone raves about it. For me it has no soul and feels empty somehow. The only thing "innovative" is the borders I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer

Has it really been that wise devoting so much time to RON? It's a bit of a sneak to consider it an empire-building game in any case. Why no coverage of other RTS games of similar ilk then?

I've got to say that RON is a most disappointing game for me. I just don't get it and why nearly everyone raves about it. For me it has no soul and feels empty somehow. The only thing "innovative" is the borders I suppose.
                    Given Brians track record, i would have been surprised not to see the coverage.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

hehe, simgolf was not a bad game at all, it was just... boring. after you had seen all the little things in the game, there simply wasn't anything else to see.

Comment

I think the admins should consider a Pirates! dedicated forum, I'm sure it will be a good idea.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I will be very much surprised if there is ever a forum for Pirates.

Comment

Why? Because it's not Civ? I think that reason is nonvalid now that we have had RON here... Of course, as Ming says, the owners have the last word.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ghengis Farb can be the mod of the Pirates Forum.
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X