Apolyton PLUS and larger avatars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton PLUS and larger avatars.

As some of you may know I recently signed up for Apolyton PLUs and one of the attractions was getting a larger avatar. Admitably that was secondary to getting rid of the endless ads but still it was an attraction.

In any event I have a nice new 100x100 avatar which should fit the size limits but which I am unable to use here. I can only guess the animation makes the file to large. My question is can we adjust the file size limits for plus members so they can sport more detailed animated avatars?

This is the one I'd like to use:
    Attached Files
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

What is the size limit for us Poly+ers? That one is 37k, may need a bit of optimisation to get it to a decent size that even dial-up users can handle.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Already fixed in OTF.

+1
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Can't have been easy to make that selfportrait.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
          Already fixed in OTF.
          Linky?
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's in the Best/Worst Avatars thread.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Cool, thanks theban.

Comment

20k max file size is a joke. I'd like to petition for PLUS subscribers to get a larger file size. If users were given the option to turn off avatars in the control panel then the slow pokes with dial up will have a way to speed up page loading. It might even easy the load on settler.

Comment

They are.
                  Attached Files

Comment

When Oerdin DPs the effect of multiple snarling Gollums is quite unnerving.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

There wont be an increase in the avatar file size for plus members until there is an option for people like me who are starting to really hate animated avatars
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I like some animated avatars. Gramphos' previous ones and my previous ones were rather nifty. Others get old quickly.

Comment

Yeah we need an animated avatar quality assessment process.

Obviously my moving speck of dust was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                            When Oerdin DPs the effect of multiple snarling Gollums is quite unnerving.
                            Attached Files
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

My "classic" animated sheep making a return before xmas is obviously fine too, right?

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X