No announcement yet.

World Community Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really, it's a beaurocracy. Firefox was just recently approved, and Windows XP was approved about a year ago.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Indeed. IBM is one of the large IT corporations with quite an incredible amount of paperwork, etc. Back in the 80's they even had a manual about ordering manuals and a training course for ordering and using manuals.

Anyway, it seems like I'm doing at least 2 data units per day now. Awaiting for those new projects to be announced.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

• It took 9 months to ship an empty box as a product (it was an internal audit) in the early '90s.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• we broke the top 100 for groups in points generated.

Comment

• And I broke the 100 000 points mark, which was my personal goal.
            What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu

And I broke the 100 000 points mark, which was my personal goal.
              Good news
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I'd forgotten all about this, and I discover I have 120,000+ points.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• latest status image:

no word on whether extra batches are going to be added to the project in case we finish up before the new project is ready.

Comment

• New Projects (cobbled together from posts by bbover3 who is the World Community Grid Admin)
                    the Advisory Board met on 9/26. They approved the HIV/Aids project and phase II of the Human Proteome Folding project. We have been asked to hold off on getting out details of the HIV/Aids project until we get closer to the launch date, which we expect to be on October 31, 2005. Phase II of Human Proteome Folding is scheduled to start in December of 2005.

In addition to the above, the Advisory Board received information about the state of the project... number of members, devices, proposals for new research (1 cancer and one disease pandemic modeling). We also asked the Advisory Board for their continued assistance in spreading the word about World Community Grid to research organizations and they agreed to do that.

We have a cancer project in the review process and we have targeted it for launch in the first quarter of 2006.

Summarizing...
                    HIV/AIDS starts October 31st
                    Proteome folding II starts December 2005
                    Cancer starts 1st Quarter 2006

Comment

• I joined, I'm lucky number 50 of Team Apolyton.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• The difference the new Apolyton team members have made.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• woah, I blink and 14 new members appear on the team

Comment

• I went recruiting in the OTF.

Comment

• 63 members...awesome!

Asher, only 36K behind and closing fast! How soon do you think you will catch me?

Down to 2 desktops and 2 laptops.

Such is life.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Am I closing fast? I've been on my Athlon 64 3200+ only since the end of August.

Comment

Working...
                                X