Java Chat error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Chat error

I've tried going into the chat room by using Java. It doesnt work. I used the most updated mozilla and internet explorers to try and access it. No luck. All windows updates on my computer are installed and when it prompted me to accept the incoming java, i selected always. Anybody knowing a bit in technical difficulties would be much appreciated if you responded.

Thank you!

Use mIRC.

Comment

That hardly fixes the java chat, though.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

So don't use the Java chat.

It's like complaining about an IE bug.

Comment

The Java Chat works fine for me.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I tried to use the java chat a couple of years ago, it didn't work well at that time either...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So, if I don't use Mirc and can't (on a school's computer), then how do I get into the chat room? Anybody got any bright ideas?

Comment

You don't.

Use mIRC. It won't kill you.

Comment

If you aren't allowed to install software on the computer you are using, and the computer doesn't have mirc installed already, and you do install it yourself and get caught, it may just kill you. Or get you into trouble. I forget which.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I think that Kuciwalker is attempting to say is that we have no control over the java chat application. If it's truely broke, the only thing we can do is replace it with another similiar application, or not at all.

What I wonder is why we don't link directly to the chatroom from the page. At least for me this links directly to the IRC chatroom. It might be mIRC thing, however.

Comment

do other java applets work in your browser?

If not, you might want to get the newest JRE at java.sun.com

Comment

If he can't install mIRC, he can't install a new JRE

Comment

So why did you advise him to use mIRC 4 posts above, when he can't install it???

I tried to load it in appletviewer, but it doesn't work:
                          java.lang.SecurityException: class "Ident"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
                          at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java: 775)
                          at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.j ava:487)
                          at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :614)
                          at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:124)
                          at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader .java:260)
                          at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader. java:56)
                          at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 195)
                          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                          at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:188)
                          at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClass Loader.java:146)
                          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 06)
                          at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClass Loader.java:118)
                          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 51)
                          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoade r.java:319)
                          at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
                          at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Cla ss.java:2328)
                          at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2640)
                          at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:321)
                          at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
                          at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.ja va:710)
                          at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java: 639)
                          at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:319)
                          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Comment

I didn't say that he can't install, I said that if he can't install software (a possibility suggested after my recommendation of mIRC), then he can't install a new JRE or mIRC, and if he can, then he might as well install mIRC instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              So don't use the Java chat.

It's like complaining about an IE bug.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X