This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-autocensor ***

In case you don't realize what word I'm talking about that's censored, it's the word "cum". It gets autocensored all the time in threads like this one:

However, I've never seen someone use the word in the offensive sense. I've only seen it used on this board in common latin phrases, and the only reason anybody thinks of the "dirty" meaning of the word is because it's censored.
    Don't censor it. Nobody uses it offensively anyway.
    52.63%
    Keep it censored.
    17.54%
    I don't care / banana
    29.82%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

It makes more sense to use the word semen when you're "on board" anyway

Another bad pun... I'm on a roll
    Monkey!!!

Comment

oh *** on
      CSPA

Comment

De-censor it. If someone is immature enough to use it offensively, then we have mods who are more than happy to whack the offender with a PCR or a ban.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

***** should be de-autocensroed too. It's very confusing in the dog threads. You thnk someone is swearing when tyeh're not
          CSPA

Comment

Has Dick been de-censortised yet? With Cheney's high profile at the moment, it can make reading posts unnecessarily hard.

edit/ Yes. It has. Yay. Next campaign: "****".

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              De-censor it. If someone is immature enough to use it offensively, then we have mods who are more than happy to whack the offender with a PCR or a ban.
              Absolutely agree

Originally posted by Gangerolf
              ***** should be de-autocensroed too. It's very confusing in the dog threads. You thnk someone is swearing when tyeh're not
              What ***** are you saying?
              Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

I don't even know the word.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Let's try: Since it's about dogs, maybe doggy?

EDIT: Obviously not.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Definitely would be a nice improvement to only censor swear words. I'm sure the mods can keep track of improper use of words that have meanings other than obscene ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      I saw some of them this weekend.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

While I'm sure my 13 year old probably knows the word, I still don't want him looking up Civ strategy and coming across words he doesn't hear at home.

Sorry. I AM pro free speech, but this is a "family friendly" site.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I asked that Dick be uncensored as I was sick of reading a post with "**** Cheney" in it, which would immediately be followed by five identical posts stating:

**** Cheney

I agree, people often use Magna *** Laude and it looks silly. Since the uncensoring there hasn't been a proliferation of dicks on the forums, so nor should we expect a tidal wave of ***.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I have no problems with it being censored. Not that it's important to me, I voted banana.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Slashdot doesn't need a single thing censored and they're just a bunch of nerds. Er wait...

Seriously though I don't like censorship and although I can see a parent's complaint, I simply don't agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X