Remove popups on the redirect ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove popups on the redirect ads

That's clearly overkill. Whenever I click on a link, not only do I have to click through the redirect, but I get a popup too.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

the redirect isnt there just to exist and delay your transfer to an external site. it's purpose is to serve ads....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

You sure? Very often, I get no ad, only a message on the top, a link to go to the site I want to go to, and the rest is blank...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

perhaps, if you the evil commie popup-blocking type of user
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, I do use Firefox at home, but
          1) I don't get pop-ups every time I'm being redirected IIRC
          2) I'm talking about the advertisement I should get in the middle of the redirection screen.
          3) this happens other places than home too.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

A screenshot I just took when being redirected to the firefox page in your sig, Mark.
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Remove popups on the redirect ads

Originally posted by Jaguar
              That's clearly overkill. Whenever I click on a link, not only do I have to click through the redirect, but I get a popup too.
              That's a joke right?

Comment

PLUS is redirect free!
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I use firefox and all I get is a white screen with the header on it.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm constantly getting ads that want me to install Macromedia Flash 7 in order to see them. Like I would install anything to see a ****ing ad. But it is still annoying. Becoming a Plus member is not an option, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                      Becoming a Plus member is not an option, however.
                      What holds you back?
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

For me it's lack of money(going in school and no job) and parents with fear for the Evils of Internet payment.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                          What holds you back?
                          Why would I put Apolyton above the other gaming sites where I am registered and which advertize way less aggressive? Apolyton is somewhat larger, true, but this does not necessarily make it better. I understand, that ads are needed to cover the costs, but actually as it stands, the ratio "quality of content" vs "annoyance of advertisement" speaks rather against Apolyton.

Comment

I just cut-and-paste the links nowadays...it's a pain in the arse...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Sheesh, you all are lazy. Back before I decided to put out my $10 or whatever, it took me like 3 seconds to go from one page to another. Ooh, a page load. Oops. If it makes 'Poly a little cash, and allows it to run for all of you freeloaders ... I mean, do you think your time is worth $5 per (amount of redirects*time of redirect/month) or whatever? Then pay up! Otherwise, be happy you're getting free stuff.

Ten years ago, to play Civ with a couple of other people, you'd have to pass a disk around (presuming the existence of multiplayer civ, of course, in 1994), and to get news about the new civ stuff and/or discuss what's going on in your civ world, you'd have to pay $2/month to get a magazine or whatnot delivered to your home, and write letters that take months to get published.

Yet for a fully functional site that takes 5 *seconds* to go to the occasional outside link (that you probably don't click on more than a few times a day at most), you're complaining?

Sheesh.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X