Gourmet Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gourmet Cookies

Is there some way to have each thread individually track the last time it was accessed? I read Civ3 PBEM daily, but only check on the other forums on the weekends. It would be extremely helpful if each thread could keep track of which posts are new since the last time I accessed that thread rather than the forums as a whole. I've seen this at CGN and another BB for my truck that I read...
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Not without significantly altering Poly, such as upgrading to VB3 or such. Alas.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

/me so could hope we could upgrade poly, but he also understand the downs with it very well...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I remember it used to be that way in the olden days. In the main page of any forum, the colour of a thread title would change to light blue if you had clicked it. When a new reply was posted, it would change back to dark blue.

It was a fine feature. We were simple people, but at least we could control which threads we had visited.

Comment

What is the down side? More memory needed? More processing time/ slower response? Crash prone?
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

I think during one of the updates, it was "replaced" by the red/yellow envelope thing at the left hand side. The trouble is that those colour changes of the envelopes are often reset when you log off or by some other unknown trigger. It's my understanding it wasn't properly implemented in the script the way the old light/dark blue feature was.

Comment

I'm still looking for the gourmet cookies--I've got the munchies.
              "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Wasn't the old light/dark UBB, and the envelope thing with the arrow to jump to new posts vB?
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                X