This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could the mods pm you

When they edit or delete one of your posts?

It's somewhat disconcerting when you look for a post (which IMO was innocuous - all I said was "massacres ") and it's not there anymore, and you have to do a few searches to make through. It'd save bandwidth, too.

Re: could the mods pm you

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    Uhhhh.... NO

The last thing I need to do after some moron types a bunch of swear words, or hateful comments, personal insults, or other things that breaks the rules of the site, is to waste even MORE of my valuable time by sending him a PM. If they have a problem, they can take the time to write a polite and logical PM, and then I would be more than willing to answer their questions. On the other hand, I usually don't respond to PMs saying things like"I'm going to kill your family" or "You suck".
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

btw, did you actually delete it, or am I just doing something wrong in the search?

Comment

Re: could the mods pm you

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

It's somewhat disconcerting when you look for a post (which IMO was innocuous - all I said was "massacres ") and it's not there anymore, and you have to do a few searches to make through. It'd save bandwidth, too.

What, do you think we get paid to do this?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Re: could the mods pm you

Originally posted by Ming

On the other hand, I usually don't respond to PMs saying things like"I'm going to kill your family" or "You suck".
          Do folk actually say that?? It seems like a discussion board version of "suicide by cop." Talk about a death wish.

Clearly, they do not take your avatar seriously.

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Re: Re: Re: could the mods pm you

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
            Do folk actually say that??
            You wouldn't believe what people send me. Threats to my family, children, me... The ole, you must be having a bad day (like I must be having a bad day because I deleted a post that was telling somebody to **** off), that we make decisions based on disagreeing with them... and on, and on, and on.

At one point, somebody set up a hate site against me where they discussed tracking me down so they could get me fired from my job... blah blah blah... It was however amusing when I found the site and posted a simple "HI"
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I had no idea!!

I guess trolls are more dangerous than I thought...at least in their own minds.

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I asked that there would be some separate forum for all those Forum games because the other games forum is really starting to get flooded with them, but my topic was deleted somehow.. wtf??
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

They deleted it because they hate you. Personally.

It has nothing to do with the fact that there's another thread about the exact same topic.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                    They deleted it because they hate you. Personally.

It has nothing to do with the fact that there's another thread about the exact same topic.
                    Sounds about right to me... oh, the duplicate thread part, not the we hate you part
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

We don't hate Ming. We resent and fear him.

There is a difference.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

No... It isn't a joke... some of the people that did it are still around...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

My God. Some people are truly that sad?

Comment

I'd be afraid Ming. If I spent as much time as you do on here, I'd get fired.

Do you have a Poly clause in your contract?
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I really don't spend all that much time on poly during the day. I check in often enough, but that's about it.
                              I don't stay too long unless some "action" is required

You have to remember that my job is media... and surfing the net for what's new and hot is part of my job
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X