Help! 'Poly counts as 'games'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! 'Poly counts as 'games'

Noooooo, my worst nightmare. Today in my lunch break I fired up 'Poly to take a peek, and it said "this site is restricted, as it falls under the category of games".

From what I recall from previous threads people have suggested using a proxy to connect to 'Poly. Could someone expound upon this please.

Hopefully I wont have to go and beg to the computer geeks.

But, my dear Spikie, of course it is a game! Forum game, anyone...?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You have censorship at work doc?

Too bad. Better find a more liberal employer. Like mine.

These days I only do poly at work. Around the clock

Comment

I get this too at my new "job"

I guess 'poly is listed as a games site in some way. Can't it be reclassified as "News and current affairs", foxing search engines, but delighting those of us who work!

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So no one has any idea how this proxy workaround works?

Comment

What browser are you using? Firefox? (I can only tell you how to do it on Firefox)

Edit: In any case, go to http://www.openproxies.com/, write down a random address and port. Go to Tools->Options->General->Connection Settings. Manual proxy configuration. Plot in the address and port you picked up earlier, and see if it works now. If it doesn't, try a different proxy. Open and free ones tend to be sluggish, though.

It depends on what sort of filter they are using, this helps if a router is broken down and preventing any connections whatsoever, but if the filter is somehow content sensitive (i.e. still realizes that you are browsing Poly, just through a different route) you may be out of luck.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm bitter and jealous.

all you people can spend all day posting at poly. I don't have access to a computer at work, nor the time to post. I stay busy all day running around the place fixing things.

Comment

I'm the same as Dissident, except I'm running around filling up veges and fruit, when I'm not at uni.

Comment

There are back door ways in that avoid this. Try going directly into a forum rather than through the front page.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I sit around here or do homework while working...

Comment

/me simply points and laughs
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

*Nikolai slaps Skanky for being unpolite*
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

/me slaps Nikolai for not using the me tag correct
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Using the what?

Comment

Try writing '/me' instead of * Nikolai

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X