This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then it sounds like a good balance to me

I'm still trying to "understand" what the problem is. There seems to be a healthy discussion of other games... and many of the members (or spammers if you prefer ) are active in the discussion of other games while also playing FG's.

I remember how "slow" the other games forum was prior to the start of FG's. There wasn't even a need for a mod, just an occasional peak once in a while. Now it's a viberant forum... Why "fix" something that isn't broken
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Some days I'm busy and don't get a chance to review every thread to see if it's a game. Most people are putting the FG: in, and when then don't and I catch it, I add it. Some get overlooked. This is not a full time paying job.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You are doing a good job really.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          Since I hadn't looked at the other games forum for a while, I went over to see if perception matched reality.

Out of the 25 threads that I view on the main menu page, only 8 threads were FG (including the topped thread)...

It looked like a lively forum with many discussions about other games, and some well visited FG's.

So what's the problem...
          Quite.

And as for the content, in my experience (and I play a fair few FG) lately we have been cracking down on slow play, and as a resultthe threads don't tend to, uh, meander to other topics. As Rah says, many games finish in a small number of posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            I'm still trying to "understand" what the problem is.
            What exactly do you mean by the "quotation marks" in that "context"?

You're going about it the wrong way. It's not a bug, it's a fea--, er, I mean, it's not a problem, it's an opportunity. Previously, when many people have actively discussed a certain thing in a forum that's clearly and separably different from the rest, they've been given a forum of their own. *shrug*
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Just "Top" all the Forum Games, that way we know where they are at.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Quite.

And as for the content, in my experience (and I play a fair few FG).. .
                Do you think the computer geeks at your work site read this before restricting your access to Poly??

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Probably. Damn geeks.

if you heard that I didn't mean it, and I think you guys do a *really* good job.

Comment

Wink, wink; nudge, nudge....

We all know that you only play from home. Why can't they understand that??

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Forum games are a completely seperate thing then other games. Why else would they be labled? I would like to see a split but can see that the moderators don't want one. Oh well.

About paying for post counts. I think it's a fantastic idea, since I don't give a crap about my post count.
                      Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                        Wink, wink; nudge, nudge....

We all know that you only play from home. Why can't they understand that??

Monk
                        I only play at home and in my lunch break.

Comment

There will be no splitting the "Other Games" forum at this time.

----------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS
                          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Banana! Er, really, another forum isn't necessary. No, make them wade through all the FGs anyway. Tempt them to become absorbed in the FG consciousness. Force them to play every FG game in order to get down to the regular threads.

Been listening to Kerry too much.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
                              While I maintain my stance as previously stated, I have noticed a couple of FG threads which are lacking a "FG" label.

Perhaps Rah could become harsh with FG threads that don't obey The Rules?
                              The FG tag was added by us forum gamers as a courtesy to others who don't want to play.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If we wanted to be "harsh"... we could probably ban about half of the active posters
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X