This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rasbelin, your avatar looks like an advert for tampons.[/frivolous post]
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

So I'm not the only one then.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

It's still the official logo for the city of Tampere. At least when it comes to travel marketing and municipal affairs. Of course there's the official insignia too.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Do you ever get that "not so fresh feeling"?
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Less spamming, MORE CONTENT.

We have had racing games, (one that went over 50 game turns) and the final post count was well under 500. If people were in it just for the post count, it would have taken 3 threads.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              I find FG to be annoying and there were many succesful threads in normal OG without the FG. It's annoying to sift through threads that many people only post in to raise their post count.
              Yeah, it's not like they're clearly marked with a label like "FG" in the title.

Comment

I know they are. I generally don't look in them, but still it isn't always easy to find other threads that are innersperced.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Spam portion of post

Out of curiosity Kuciwalker, are there any groups you haven't joined yet?

On-topic portion of post

The forum games don't interfere with normal OG discussion so why change anything?

Rant against the managment

Buying post counts sounds very elitist. Why bother posting on-topic when you can just buy a post count.

EDIT - portion edited out due to inapplicability.
                  There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Rant against the managment

Buying post counts sounds very elitist. Why bother posting on-topic when you can just buy a post count
                    I think they will be the first to agree with you...it was suggested by someone else that Plus users be allowed to pay for post count increases. It was rejected by the owners and I think MarkG meant his comment to be facitious.

As for your on topic portion of the post....I agree completely. The FG tag has accomplished it's purpose. If you don't want to read about the FG's....don't read the ones with FG in the thread title....or is that too simple?
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      We have had racing games, (one that went over 50 game turns) and the final post count was well under 500. If people were in it just for the post count, it would have taken 3 threads.
                      Yeah, sorry I couldn't join that game.

Originally posted by Spikie
                      The people who post like crazy then disappear when they get the next title are the ones that confuse me.

Agreed. While it is nice to have a large post-count, it is a byproduct of having fun at this site.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Amazingly, there are actually some groups that Kucikoo isn't a member of, specifically the demogame teams. I'd suppose those are mutually exclusive?
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

While I maintain my stance as previously stated, I have noticed a couple of FG threads which are lacking a "FG" label.

Perhaps Rah could become harsh with FG threads that don't obey The Rules?
                          There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I say we eliminate post count for everything except the OT. That way people who are tempted to spam to increase their count will do so there, and only people who really want to post on topic will do so in the other forums.
                            That actually does have some logic to it. If nobody was really interested in their post counts anyways. But then that would kinda make itself redundant wouldn't it. Damn.

Comment

Since I hadn't looked at the other games forum for a while, I went over to see if perception matched reality.

Out of the 25 threads that I view on the main menu page, only 8 threads were FG (including the topped thread)...

It looked like a lively forum with many discussions about other games, and some well visited FG's.

So what's the problem...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Actually there are 11, not 8. Some just aren't labeled. That's about half.
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X