Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would support a split AND make it so that the Forum Games-forum posts don't count. Then see how many people stop playing these games...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      I would support a split AND make it so that the Forum Games-forum posts don't count. Then see how many people stop playing these games...
      If we do that... let's do the same with Demo games and see if those games survive... I'll bet there would be a lot less posts
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And I too have a few other forums I'd include in that.

Whine whine whine.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

the idea of paying to have your post count increased becomes more and more appealing
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'm not tempted
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

If we do that... let's do the same with Demo games and see if those games survive... I'll bet there would be a lot less posts
              Hehe, it's a slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                the idea of paying to have your post count increased becomes more and more appealing
                You're kidding, right?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Definitely so, and I believe I've mentioned that about Demo games in the past, too. And then we can see just how much they really appeal to the civers .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I say we eliminate post count for everything except the OT. That way people who are tempted to spam to increase their count will do so there, and only people who really want to post on topic will do so in the other forums.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Not that many. There are a whole lot of constructive posts in demogames too. Plus a lot of talk through chat and IM that takes up lots of time and has nothing to do with increased post counts.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                        There are a whole lot of constructive posts in demogames too.
                        Yeah... I'm sure there are some
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm sure you've made nearly 22,000 constructive posts.

The last person you want in a DG or FG is someone in it for the post count anyway.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Suggestion: Research the other thread where this was discussed to death.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ming has always posted on-topic, no one word or smiley messages, never said anything extra and so on? Oh, he must be such an obedient poster.

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Ming's made a frivolous post or 2, as have most. However anyone that posts here over a long period posts for fun. Posts naturally follow.

The people who post like crazy then disappear when they get the next title are the ones that confuse me.

Comment

Working...
                                X