Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting more than 2 OT posts in a day by flying across the international date line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting more than 2 OT posts in a day by flying across the international date line.

I'm thinking that when we return from the Phils we will cross a date line which will allow us to post 4 times in a 24 hour period because it would be two different dates when we post them, yes?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

apolyton time counts, not yours
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Don't you mean threads?

Comment

Re: Posting more than 2 OT posts in a day by flying across the international date line.

Originally posted by Lancer
        I'm thinking that when we return from the Phils we will cross a date line which will allow us to post 4 times in a 24 hour period because it would be two different dates when we post them, yes?
        Oh please don't tell me this is why you went there...

Besides, if I'd crossed the dateline and back the first thing I'd do is sleep, not Poly! And OT?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            Don't you mean threads?
            Nonono..., for some it really ought to be posts.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Lancer, you must remember that this isn't a hard coded restriction. It's the mods you have to watch out for.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am never worried about the 2 Threads/day restriction... If I want to talk about something and I have already met my quota I just threadjack.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: Posting more than 2 OT posts in a day by flying across the international date lin

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Couldn't you do this just by posting two at 11:59 and two and 12:01?

Comment

Between Japher's post and rah's, I'm seeing ways around this restriction.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

you're also starting down on the road to :banned:
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

"It's the mods you have to watch out for."

Sadly, the mods are watching out for me.

"And OT?"

Hey **** you.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I wonder why there's no market for free threads yet.
                            I mean, I have 2 spare new OT threads for this day to sell. One can buy one of them for 100 postcounts.

So, you want to post a new topic, I'll open the thread with some bogus first post, and you can start the real thread in the 2nd post.

So, now it's a matter of supply and demand to see the price for 1 thread raise or fall.
                            Will the mods be helpfull transmitting the paid postcounts?
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                              Will the mods be helpfull transmitting the paid postcounts?
                              Uhhhhh.... NO

But I'm sure we will be very helpful in making your upcoming vacation plans
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X