Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can an off topic thread in an on topic forum ever become on topic?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can an off topic thread in an on topic forum ever become on topic?

Suppose someone posts something blatantly off topic in an on topic forum. And the mods for whatever reason fail to move or close it. What if amidst the spam someone threadjacks it to an a topic that is on topic for that forum. Can it be saved?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

That thread finally got deleted.

Considering there was a discussion of "other games" taking place amidst the spam, my guess would be no.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yes, just when you thought they didn't care, they managed to snatch victory from defeat and delete the whole thread! All the spam posts reverted back to nothingness. Nice.

Most threads, even if rescued, get closed or deleted if off-topic.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Considering there was discussion of a meet going on, locking might have been the better option. But who am I to second guess the powers that be...
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yes
          CSPA

Comment

Nah, with the level of spam in that thread, deleting was the best bet. That way those most affected were those who spammed the most, so punishments were made without the mods making any punishments. Very stylish.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I think the mods closes the thread before it can became on-topic.
              Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

If it hadn't in the 100+ posts it had in it, it was never going to get on topic.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

perhaps. if the time is right and the birds fly accordingly.
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X