Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Apolyton Logo

Whats up with that? When did it change?
    Can any polytubbies make a better version?

Stay tuned to this thread to find out.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Don't they have to do with the Olympics?
    What?

Comment

Like it.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's weird.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's olympics. We could have an Olympics forum style if Markos ever told me what I need to do to create some for him.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I don't see the connection to the Olympics (except the obvious temporal one).

Comment

I shake my head at the creepy Olympic mascots.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Those odd looking 'life forms' are official Olympic logo/mascot things. Must be a Greek thing.

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Official home of the IOC. Find the latest news and featured stories, information about IOC members plus Olympic principles, values and legacy.

Phevos and Athena are brother and sister and the official ATHENS 2004 Mascots. Their creation was inspired by an ancient Greek doll and their names are linked to ancient Greece. And yet the two siblings are children of modern times.

The names of two Olympian gods: Phevos, name of the Olympian god of light and music, known as Apollo. Athena, goddess of wisdom and patron of the city of Athens.

In this way, Phevos and Athena represent the link between Greek history and the modern Olympic Games.

Phevos and Athena represent the values of Olympism: participation, brotherhood, equality, cooperation, fair play.

Athena and Phevos are two dolls. They remind us of the pleasure of indulging in games; they highlight that the value of participation is higher than that of victory.

At the same time, they are brother and sister, a boy and a girl, symbols of equality and brotherhood around the world. Above all, the two children showcase the everlasting Greek value of human scale and remind us that humanity was, is and will remain at the heart of the Olympic Games.

better than the typical "happy animal"
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

sydney

atlanta

Comment

Greece, continuing the tradition of sucky mascots.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

the logo will be changing...

Official home of the IOC. Find the latest news and featured stories, information about IOC members plus Olympic principles, values and legacy.

Last edited by MarkG; August 25, 2004, 10:45.

Comment

huzzah!

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Ah, a guy in a dutch-orange t-shirt.
                            Thanks for the support, greek!
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thank you Markos, for removing the blight on our favourite site internet hang-out.

* duke really wants to use the word blight, as it perfectly sums up his feelings about the sucky glove puppet things, but doesn't like the fact that it rhymes with site. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X