Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STATE of the SETTLER speech (or "You shouldnt have goten much busy messages lately")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STATE of the SETTLER speech (or "You shouldnt have goten much busy messages lately")

according to our server load logging system, which keeps track of server load every 5 minutes, as of early August 15 we havent had any of the huge load spike that were causing "blackouts" of 10-15 minutes for non-PLUS users.

the critical change was in the configuration of our mail server.

this along with an increase on the load levels on which the server busy message is shown should mean that non-PLUS users should not have seen many server busy messages (if any) during the last 2 days (right? )

in regards to killing the search feature, no we're not going to do it. we'll fight the beat to death before we resort to doing such things....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Kill the mail server.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You bastard Skanky better kill DGs and FGs, just not the mailserver .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

This is excellent (and very timely) news!! Your hard work is paying off.

It is a good thing too. Rumors are rife that the entire Greek military is being mobilized for immediate deployment to The Games--to fill the seats or something. Probably just another rumor, but if it should happen, I hope you give us a report on what you see. Hopefully, more folk will buy tickets and show up and this move, to send in the troops, will be unnecessary.

Plus folk have not been receiving the busy messages but, for a while, there was a good bit of 'data base error' messages. But these have not happened in a long time, either. Is this related to solving the 'busy' messages problem??

Thanks for all the things you have done to make this site so cool.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
          Rumors are rife that the entire Greek military is being mobilized for immediate deployment to The Games--to fill the seats or something.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Now we don't get all the fun of teasing people who get the msg and start threads! I demand it be put back the way it was.

Comment

Please don't kill the search function. If you want to give some more incentives for PLUS membership, enable search for Archives for PLUS members. I've seen such requests popping up quite often.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

It's better than before.

Just got one though. 3.45AM ( GMT +2 )
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

we appreciate all the good work.

now off to more important things. like spam.

Comment

I've indeed seen less server busy message the last couple of days than has been usual of late.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

now off to more important things. like spam.
                      don't worry, I'm making it as fast as I can
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Good, good. Haven't seen one for a day or two.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Who are you kidding.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I thought you were going to get banned Snowy?

I've been around...
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Why would HongHu be banned?

Comment

Working...
                              X