This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble to access Apolyton from home

Since about four weeks, I have very rare (at most 5% of the cases) access to Apolyton from my computer at home, while my access from work is near 100%. I did some research on this matter, but could not find a reason. I don't have any trouble to access other websites and internet fora.

The problem is, the http requests time out with no response whatsoever.

First I thought, that it is a firewall issue, since some of the spam ad banners use ports other than 80 or 443, which I have allowed for HTTP traffic (all others being blocked). But this can not be the reason, since the problem persists, when I turn my firewall off. Besides, I don't have any troubles with other forum sites with banner ads.

It can't be a popup blocker issue either, since it doesn't matter, if I use the Internet Explorer 6 (no blocker) or Mozilla Firefox (has blocker, but I didn't touch the default setting, so I don't even know if it's on or off).

Finally, it can't be a DNS issue, since all other domain names are resolved properly. I run my own name server and never had trouble resolving addresses.

My guess is now, that a large part of the address range my provider uses, is blocked by Apolyton itself. I have a dynamical IP address at home, as opposed to work, where my address is fixed. My question is, can this be the reason? I can't think of another one. It's the same, every day. I access from work at 5:30pm - Apolyton is there. I access from home ten minutes later - Apolyton is gone.

Please?

Please continue this discussion here...

While there is tons of spam, there was some real discussion for those who were having problems.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
    X