Forum Bug: New posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Bug: New posts

A thread can't really contain something new (red icon), when I was the last person that posted there, no?

Unless my own post would be news to me
    Attached Files

If you didn't read your own post, but just returned to forum it will be new.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

And if you did read your post and then returned to the forum, it will also sometimes appear new.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        If you didn't read your own post, but just returned to forum it will be new.
        What do you mean with read? I just wrote it, didn't I?

Comment

He means if you let the thread load again after posting your reply, or if you pressed "Submit Reply (return to forum)" instead. Or browsed with multiple windows and closed the page after making a post.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I never hit the return to forum button. I browse with several windows though.

I stop the thread from loading again sometimes for bandwidth reasons.

Comment

i see the red folder (indicating unread posts) quite a few times, even if i've just opened it a few minutes ago and there hasn't been a new post.

sometimes also "go to last post" sends me to a post on the before-last page... never figured out why either.
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

If you use multiple windows, and read some threads in one window, when you do the my thread search in another window, those threads will still appear unread. You deserve the extra hassal though, since it is your own fault to open extra windows in the first place.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The same things happens to me, but I only surf with one window open (most of the time)... happens mostly after I go to some other site, and then go back to this site (not using the back button)
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yes, but all I want is that the red icon gets replaced with the yellow icon when I made the last post and no other new posts have gotten in between the time I hit reply and submit.

My own posts shouldn't really count as unread.

Comment

Yep... shouldn't be that hard to implement I guess... just a simple "if lastPoster == User"... ok, I don't know much about how this software works...
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                        i see the red folder (indicating unread posts) quite a few times, even if i've just opened it a few minutes ago and there hasn't been a new post.

sometimes also "go to last post" sends me to a post on the before-last page... never figured out why either.
                        It's "last unread post".

Comment

Sometimes, after browsing for a long time (though I don't think I've enountered this in Firefox, only IE and Opera) I seem to hit a "cap" on the number of read threads - when I read a new one, one that I've read before now shows up as unread. Hitting "mark all forums read" fixes the problem.

Comment

"The last unread post" has never worked for me here. Somewhat annoying.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It's not too reliable.

Comment

Working...
                              X