Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to place whole threads on an Ignore List...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to place whole threads on an Ignore List...?

Another site I frequent allows users to blacklist whole threads so that they simply don't appear on their screen. I'm tenatively planning to see The Village tomorrow, but there is a thread on it in the OT and for the life of me I can't stop opening it everytime there's a new post. That's what made me think of this question. It'd be a good feature to add if not currently possible.

DemocraticUnderground.com is the sit... stop snickering, damn it!
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

You appear to be in greater need of basic self-control than of techy fixes.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Would be nice... or how about a feature that makes all threads, created by posters on the ignore list, invisible
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
        You appear to be in greater need of basic self-control than of techy fixes.
        It would go towards tidying-up the look of the forum on an individual basis. Blocking threads we don't care about so they don't bump threads we do care about into the briny deep...

Comment

What? I don't see this thread!
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Who said that?

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

It would go towards tidying-up the look of the forum on an individual basis. Blocking threads we don't care about so they don't bump threads we do care about into the briny deep...
              If a thread is worth something then it will stay at the top. If not then it will sink. If you want to keep a thread up then bump it. If it sinks for a second time then that should tell you something
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

That it needs to be bumped again?
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

That not many people are out, actively looking for +1s at the moment?
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Wow. Everyone is concerned about ignoring... another thread about this?

I've never used this feature. Sometimes its worth the time to read the raging posts.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

This is different from the existing 'Ignore List' Shogun. Whole threads, not individual user's posts.

The Cap/Com debates, PA's troll threads, The Finnish World Domination Planning Commitee threads. These are just some examples of threads I'd place on such a list so they wouldn't bump more interesting threads.

Comment

Wonder if I should just ignore this thread.
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Naw, that's to hard... keep opening it!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X