Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY, APOLYTON! (http://apolyton.net/about/6years/ online)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sabrewolf- try the link to the Apolyton Location's Thread in my Staff View.

or I'll just repost part of it here:

-
    Germany- (14)
    AroSch (Aug 2000)
    Phantom
    Pol Pot (Oct 2000)
    von Blucher (July 2002)

Bavaria
    Buttenheim
    Sir Ralph (Dec 2001)

Berlin (3)
    Berlin (3)
    Martin Gühmann (March 2001)
    BeBro
    oedo (Feb 2000)

Cottbus
    Ecthelion (March 2000)

Hernhofen
    Stefan Härtel

Karlsruhe
    chrisjg (Aug 2000)

Munich
    myrlyn (Jan 2000)

Remscheid
    SCDARS (Sep 1999)

Schwabia
    Jamski (May 2002)

Stuttgart
    D4everyman (June 2000)

Wuppertal
    The Pioneer (May 2002)

--
    Switzerland (4)
    Julius Brenzaida (August 2000)
    Sabrewolf (June 2002)

Geneva
    Aredhran (April 1999)

Zurich
    GT (December 2000)
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

"Apolyton Location's Thread" in my Staff View

where's this? i presume not available for non-staffers.
      but thanks for that list anyway

and as i said: not many (maybe 10 within 300km, and lots inactive).

but i don't want to take this further off topic (after all, it IS a birthday thread)... i was just whining that the culture borders of apolyton havn't spread this far yet and only a few scouts are roaming this area
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

You know the Staff Views on the birthday site? That's what he's talking about.

Comment

yup, read all of them, but none by darkcloud. and DC's part
          THE YEAR IN...
          LISTS
          By DarkCloud

has no link...

oh well.

btw: if any programming needs to be done, i maybe could help out. i'm nowhere near the standard of gramphos, but who knows, maybe there is something...

Comment

DC's feature is yet to be posted. But in that feature he links to (among other things) this thread, which is what he was referring to in the first place.

Sabrewolf, we could use your programming expertise in the CtP2 Source Code Project
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

oh, that thread is in the archives (should be topped in this thread imho)

i never played CtP2, so i would first have to play several 1000 hours for that
              once took a look into freeciv, but was both overwhelmed (by the size) and disgusted (by c++... i have a strong antipathy against it )

i was more referring to web-based programming (have experience with php (yay!), asp (yuck!) and lots of coldfusion (lesser, but still yuck!).

Comment

main article posted!
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yo Dan! Good article. I commend you on not using "Good golly, miss molly" this time. You have successfully clawed your way out of dorkhood.

s the most used version of this OS (62.3%), with Windows 2000 and Windows98 in a distant second (13.2%) and third (12.1%) respectively. Macintosh (2.1%) tops Linux (1.3%) ford third spot, but the collective 'unknown' takes second at 2.7%. Internet Explorer is still the dominant browser, but down ~10% over last June to 76%. Mozilla has lept into secon
                  So specific numbers for older Windows, such as Windows 3.1, aren't counted any more?

PS Excellent feature, guys.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

entire feature is posted now

many thanks to locutus for going through a 2-years news archive and darkcloud for his lists
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                      Yo Dan! Good article.
                      Thanks, mrmitchell.

Originally posted by mrmitchell I commend you on not using "Good golly, miss molly" this time. You have successfully clawed your way out of dorkhood.

Originally posted by mrmitchell So specific numbers for older Windows, such as Windows 3.1, aren't counted any more?
                      Numbers for older Windows operating systems are still counted, yes, but the percentages are so small and so close together I elected not to include them in the article. That said, I am inferencing that you are interested in this data and perhaps others are as well.

For last month, there were 27(!) recorded visits from users running 3.1 whose Windows usage share translates into near zero. Me share stood at 4.2%, while 95 took 0.4%.

-----------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS
                      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Thanks, mrmitchell.

Numbers for older Windows operating systems are still counted, yes, but the percentages are so small and so close together I elected not to include them in the article. That said, I am inferencing that you are interested in this data and perhaps others are as well.

For last month, there were 27(!) recorded visits from users running 3.1 whose Windows usage share translates into near zero. Me share stood at 4.2%, while 95 took 0.4%.

-----------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS
                        Dan..even at work..I get requests from companies for email quotes, i ask em "do you have Word?"

Inevitably..I get me someone from Radar O'Reillyville-ya know..Atumwa Iowa..that sez they only have works!..WORKS?.. but if thats what they have then..come on down and join the party!
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Great article Dan

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                          Inevitably..I get me someone from Radar O'Reillyville-ya know..Atumwa Iowa..that sez they only have works!..WORKS?.. but if thats what they have then..come on down and join the party!
                          What's wrong with MS Works? The latest version is 2004, for many home users and small companies it's an excellent cheap alternative to an expensive Office package, with a set of software much more suitable to their needs. I don't use it myself, but I've recommended it to others.

If all you need is a word processor and a simple personal finance manager, why on earth would you pay for more? (Of course, there's always non-MS products, but unfortunately most people would never even consider that)

(MS Works includes MS Word BTW)

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Great article Dan

What's wrong with MS Works? The latest version is 2004, for many home users and small companies it's an excellent cheap alternative to an expensive Office package, with a set of software much more suitable to their needs. I don't use it myself, but I've recommended it to others.

If all you need is a word processor and a simple personal finance manager, why on earth would you pay for more? (Of course, there's always non-MS products, but unfortunately most people would never even consider that)

(MS Works includes MS Word BTW)
                            Well these folks told me they didnt have the upgrade Locutus so i am assuming they had 95..

But then again I have works & word..I had to install my old 95 cd to get access to some old files 10 years old when i got my XP..I aint the guru you folks are, i just know that when i tried to open WORKS from XP and OFFICE 2000 it wouldnt

BUt thats another story..

Thanks for letting me know that works is still up and running, had no idea..for real..thought it went by the wayside woith 95-98 Windows
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

n/p Gramps, we all learn something new every day -- keeps life interesting

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                              But then again I have works & word..I had to install my old 95 cd to get access to some old files 10 years old when i got my XP..I aint the guru you folks are, i just know that when i tried to open WORKS from XP and OFFICE 2000 it wouldnt
                              That's odd, never heard of that before. Obviously, Works95 (or similar) was never designed for WinXP, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work on it.

Then again, it might be another dirty MS ploy to force people to upgrade. If true, my opinion of MS just sunk to a new low, sabotaging their own software to extort more money from their customers

Anyway, FYI a modern version of MS Word should still be able to open old MS Works95 files, you normally shouldn't need an actual copy of Works for that.
                              Last edited by Locutus; July 31, 2004, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                                where do these things get organised? OT?
                                Forgot to reply to this. Yes, in the OT. Check out this thread. It would be great if you could make it to Paris (which is after all not too far from where you are)

Comment

Working...
                                X