Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a problem with their browser going back a page after clicking on thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a problem with their browser going back a page after clicking on thread?

At first I thought it was a problem with crappy internet explorer. but it has happened with Firefox browser as well. And only at poly.

Sometimes I'll click a thread, then start typing a reply in the quick reply window, and then the damn thing goes back a page. When I hit forward I would lose the text I was typing in . The good thing is the last time this happened with firefox, I didn't lose the text when I hit forward.

Just curious if this has been a serious problem with other people. It doesn't happen often with me. Maybe once or twice a week.

I thought it was only me!
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

This has happened to me, but I think the problem is you hit a key that sends you back; that is, you have clicked outside the post reply bo with your mouse cursor, and the key you hit is set up to send you back a page.

Comment

Wait a second. Did you just say you used IE by default? :shudder:
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Haven't had that problem. Haven't had most problems I see mentioned. Only problem I have with Poly is that it is so sloooooooow.
          "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

No sorry..just that the server is ****..
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I've had that problem lately too. Was wondering if I'm accidentally hitting some stupid shortkey, but if it's happening in both Firefox and MSIE, that seems somewhat unlikely.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Isnt it when you click backspace, perhaps to delete some text in your reply, but the page is highlighted rather than the text reply box. Thats the shortcut key for going back, in IE and Firefox.

edit: what verto said.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I've had this or similar. I assumed it was sloppy typing, but I'd be willing to blame something else.

Comment

If the focus is not inside the textbox, it's entirely possible that you hit a "hot key" that sends the browser back a page.

Solution: make sure the cursor is blinking inside the textbox.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Never happened to me.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I've only ever noticed it when pressing the back space key.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I open threads up in a new window, so even backspace or the like don't prevent me from viewing threads. Hooray.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I blame Skanky's multiple windows for Poly slowdown.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Only PLUS members should be allowed multiple windows. :stir:

Comment

Working...
                              X