Searching Private Forums/Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching Private Forums/Archives

Whilst all these new tweaks are happening to the fourms for Plus and non-Plus users alike, I thought it would be as good a time as any to ask this.

Can we possibly get the ability to search the Archives and private forums which we have access to in the same way we can search open forums? I just went looking for threads in some Archived forums and found nothing was returned, so I had to look through them a page at a time to find what I wanted. Nasty.

It would really help to to be able to see new posts in the private forums we have registered to.

Thanks.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Any word on this??? Even if it is just not possible (it SHOULD be, another vb website I know has it)...
    Consul.

Comment

We can search the archives, last I checked

Comment

Try it again, I did a few days ago, and it returned nothing where it shouldn't have (try searching for MrWhereItsAt or UnOrthOdOx in the Civilization 3 Democracy Game forum).
        Consul.

Comment

I have searched the archives for the ACDGII Hive forums and my different searches all returned nothing, while it should have returned many.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

You can search the archive, but it's not indexed, so you are likely to not find anything.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Huh?

I've search the A/C and OTF archives and found stuff.

Comment

posts that are not in the main posts sql table (the grand majority of posts in the archive, soon to be a 100% majority ) are not found by the search feature

once we're done with the archiving process and are able to spare cpu time, i'll hack it possible
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

thanks Markos!
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Awesome. Cheers for this
                      Consul.

Comment

Working...
                      X