Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load-saving features, PLUS members and other amazing science fiction tales

a couple of news/facts on the load-saving-plus-or-not front

1) unless i'm nuts, PLUS members see avatars all the time, no matter the load

2) the bug that you would not be allowed to log in when the load was high because... the load was too high is now fixed. now you will be able to log in whatever the load and take advantage of the guest/logged in difference (see below)

3) reminder: load-saving features take effect for guests at half the load than registered users.

4) when the server has high load, the slowdown affects PLUS members as well. there's no way for that to not happen.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

and to answer to Ozzy
    How much time do you put into the site on an average week? (not counting posting for your own interest/enjoyment)
    i've got lots of catching up to do for last year
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So far so good.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Load-saving features, PLUS members and other amazing science fiction tales

Originally posted by MarkG
        2) the bug that you would not be allowed to log in when the load was high because... the load was too high is now fixed. now you will be able to log in whatever the load and take advantage of the guest/logged in difference (see below)
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Re: Load-saving features, PLUS members and other amazing science fiction tales

Originally posted by MarkG
          4) when the server has high load, the slowdown affects PLUS members as well. there's no way for that to not happen.
          You should bold this, though you'll probably still get complaints about preferential treatment.

Comment

Excellent!

I always see the avatars. That's a decent benefit.

Being able to log in anytime is good also and seems appropriate since we are paying members.

Thanks MarkG!
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
            X