Need New Section For Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Have you considering joining the AU then, Solver?

Apolyton University is great, I take a lot of pleasure reading AU threads. Might join someday, too .

Comment

Hmmm a quick check showes that currently 13 of the 25 threads that are on the front page are not forum games. Of those 13 the oldest date is yesterday sometime. This shows quite a vibrant forum. I have posted in some of those 13 threads where I never would have in the past. Looking at those threads I see a lot of posts from people that were drawn there due to the games. I won't say that forum was dead prior to FGs but it was a heck of a lot slower.

I'd like to thank all the people that have helped build a community there. I spend a lot of time there because I enjoy it. The GMs for almost all the FGs put in a lot of effort. Mafia GMs sometimes put in over an hour a day, making sure there is a good story. A lot more effort than the meager number of posts they get out of it. A lot more effort than some of the people here that are complaining put into their posts in other forums.

Personally I would like to see the posts in this forum not count, which I'm sure would decrease complaining by about 75%
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Personally I would like to see the posts in this forum not count, which I'm sure would decrease complaining by about 75%
        An astute observation.

I think the forum games are a great addition to the site. I can empathise with some of the counterarguments but ultimately the good (from the forum's perspective) outweighs the bad.

Comment

And the posts that read as spam in the OG can be directly attributed to comraderie amongst the players.

I see very little +1ing there.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe
            Perhaps an easy solution to the forum games in the Other Games section is to have the forum games threads headers start with FG - for example: "FG: Galactic Overlord VII".
            that would help alot IMHO.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

You mean so you don't click a thread and lose ten seconds of your time

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                that would help alot IMHO.
                While it probably would help, it would not have prevented the catastrophe that was you opening the thread made by Trok.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I know I'll never forget where I was the day LotM opened that thread by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

While it probably would help, it would not have prevented the catastrophe that was you opening the thread made by Trok.

Yeah, i'll avoid trokair.

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                      You mean so you don't click a thread and lose ten seconds of your time
                      I could get laid in 10 seconds

Comment

Yes, ahem, sure

Comment

Working...
                        X