NFL 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2024

Well, the 2024 season is underway, with free agent signings, a few actual trades, and of course the NFL Draft coming up in 2 weeks. Time for a fresh thread.

Today's news: Rashee Rice likes to drive fast. Details:

An arrest warrant has been issued for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice after he was involved a hit-and-run crash that injured four people.

Police in Dallas, Texas, said two speeding cars, a Lamborghini and Corvette, caused "a chain reaction collision" on 30 March.

Rice faces eight charges, including aggravated assault and collision involving serious bodily injury.

Reports, external say the 23-year-old plans to hand himself in.

Last week Rice, who was driving the Lamborghini, apologised for his role in the crash, saying he took "full responsibility" and would co-operate with authorities.

Police told the BBC the occupants of both speeding cars ran from the scene of the crash.

Police said Theodore Knox, 21, was driving the Corvette and is also the subject of an arrest warrant on the same charges. His attorney said, external they have "fully co-operated with law enforcement".

Two drivers were treated at the scene for minor injuries and two motorists in another vehicle were taken to a local hospital.

An arrest warrant is issued for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice after he was involved a hit-and-run crash that injured four people.

​
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

You can hit anyone you want with a car and get away with it as long as you don't run away. Not smart.
    "

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. I guess we'll see if you get a little more leeway on a hit-and-run charge if you have a talent for catching footballs.

Highest paid coach in NFL history: Andy Reid of KC just signed a 5-year, $100 MM contract; runs through 2029.

Also -- Chicago Bears cut a deal for a new domed stadium on the lakefront.

And the NFL draft starts tonight with the Bears drafting Caleb Williams Home overall.
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The Bears had a great first round. They would have had to be very inept to fail.
      Cowboys made a decent decision.
      Bills win the WTF award for trading with KC.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I could Google Caleb Williams but I figure you Chicago boys would have some insights. Are ya'll happy and what position does he play?

Now what's this about a Bills trade with KC? Gotta have me some KC

the Maholm family hit a rough patch

Comment

How do you not know he plays QB or are you just funning us? Yes, we are happy with that pick and I like their whole draft. I was surprised by the Punter in fourth round but that was supposedly their last pick and they need one because the guy they drafted two years ago has been a bust. But even the other two guys they got look to be pretty good players though they may need a couple of years. Worst grade by national media was A-. I think it was a A.

Comment

I'm OK with the Bears draft, but really surprised they didn't trade down from the ninth pick to shore up OL/DL/Edge.
            So Rome Odunze had better be all that AND a bag of chips.

Comment

Oh I see, just learned the Steelers grabbed Fields and Russell Wilson with the latter starting.

I read some views on KC's picks, they're trying to replace Tyreek again with a smallish dude from Texas and a future TE to replace Kelce and some linemen

Comment

Buffalo moved down and gave Kansas City a higher pick. Their potential playoff opponent, got a higher pick from them.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Buffalo moved down and gave Kansas City a higher pick. Their potential playoff opponent, got a higher pick from them.
                  Yep, and they did it again with the pick they got from KC (#32), moving it to CAR to drop down into round 2. Buffalo gained a lot of draft capital in the process while still (presumably) getting the WR they wanted. So what Buffalo did may be a bit ridic, but not nearly so weirdly self-destructive as Atlanta.

Instead of grabbing Odunze as a key weapon to help their new $180million QB, Kirk Cousins, the Falcons used their first round pick (#8 overall) to draft another QB (Michael Penix Jr of Washington) as his eventual replacement.

Bears say thanks!​

Comment

Steelers talking about using Justin Fields to return kickoffs. Do they really want to put their backup QB in harms way? He might be good at it, though.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I suspect that's just the special teams coach's wet dream.
                      However, I would expect Pittsburgh to dial up a few situational packages to take advantage of his skillset.

Interesting Bears schedule. Week 6 in London followed by the bye week. A stretch of three divisional games to start the second half and all six in the last eight. Third best SOS. Have to get wins early.
                    Last edited by Demonbinder; May 15, 2024, 22:25.

Comment

The NFL's fixation on being in the news all year round has created a whole weird little "schedule reveal" PR effort, both from the league and the teams, trying to turn it into a thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X