MLB Hot Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Hot Stove

Well, the post-2023 off-season is underway and today, it's the Cubs who are all over the news. They have dismissed manager David Ross and hired Craig Counsell away from the Brewers with the biggest manager's salary in history -- $40million for 5 years. Kind of a shocker.

The Cubs also had a team-record 3 players win NL Gold Gloves -- SS Dansby Swanson, 2B Nico Hoerner, and LF Ian Happ.
    They also opted to pick up the team options on 2024 contracts for C Yan Gomes and P Kyle Hendricks.

Busy day on the North Side!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

I was really surprised by the move, but I think its an upgrade. Now they need to make some additional moves for players.

Comment

Sounds like it's basically the Ohtani Winter Meetings in Nashville.

Dodgers still the favorite, but Toronto and the Cubs seem to be in the mix.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        Update: Ohtani wants to make a decision within a week, and today's media wonks say it's between the Dodgers (the favorites), Toronto, and San Fran, plus of course the Angels. The Cubbies are considered a longshot at this point.

Yankees unload 5 players to trade for Juan Soto from San Diego.

Comment

Ohtani agrees to accept $700 million to play for the Dodgers for the next 10 years.
        And the rich get richer...

Comment

That's alot
          "

Comment

The Soto trade is almost bigger than the Ohtani deal, at least for this year. Soto is this generation's best hitter (by alot) and will score A LOT hitting in front of Judge.

Glasgow to the Dodgers is crazy though too. If TG stays healthy, look out. (He won't)

The Cards picked up three old pitchers who will provide innings to a team that desperately needs them. I am still waiting for a number 1 starter though.

As long as the Cubbies don't get better, this winter will be a win for me.
            Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Ohtani agrees to accept $700 million to play for the Dodgers for the next 10 years.
              And the rich get richer...
              Don't worry, it's 97% deferred so 20MM for then next 10 and 680MM the ten years after that.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

So they're screwed for a longer period of time. Alex Rodriguez reeks of it.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm surprised he made it most of the way thru the season. Unless he's got a rubber arm I dont see him pitching much longer. Maybe relief.

Acuna is a monster, he dwarfed Soto (everyone) this year

Comment

Working...
                  X