2020 GOLF and Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 GOLF and Fantasy

For all those fantasy players, don't forget to make your picks for yahoo cup.
    Great to have golf back. The event a few weeks ago was really good. Besides not much other sports yet.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Looking forward to the tournament. At least they won't have to worry so much about crowd noise on the backswing!
    My lineup is in.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

what is yahoo cup? I thought they did away with our league

Comment

Crap, so did I.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Actually this will be week 11 of the Yahoo golf cup. They did 10 weeks before the lock down.
          But even if you missed the first 10 weeks you can still get a free weekly play.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't see it. Never mind.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So nice to spend a couple hours watching golf today...
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So much for guaranteed to run.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh, was there an issue? My 25-cent game ran normally. They did change maximum entries per person -- used to be 10 or 15, but now it's 25.

Comment

For one day they showed that all yahoo cup and the dollar game was cancelled. They fixed it the next day.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They are definitely tweaking the games they offer.
                    This week's 25-center is 4,544 entries, up to 50 (!!!) entries per login. $1,000 in prizes, $100 to winner, 915 paid.
                    Last week, it was 2,274 entries (same as pre-COVID), 25 entries max. $500 in prizes, $100 to winner, 447 paid.

Comment

I shot my best round today, 65 (-5) on a par 70 ~6k yds. Its a shorter course more suited to my lack of distance off the tees. I had 6 birdies and a bogey, almost holed out for an eagle on a par 4 and scrambled nicely for par on the very tough 9th and 18th holes. Birds are easy when you keep sticking approach shots and I was throwing darts.

I switched to a new set of irons, Mizuno Hot Metals (for higher handicaps) with lighter graphite shafts (Recoil) a few months ago and it helped me gain distance, probably because of a slight increase in club head speed. And I can hit them higher so I've basically shelved my hybrids. I bought a combo set with 7-SW irons and 5-6 hybrids. I didn't care for the hybrids and gladly added the 4-6 irons. I'd buy the 3 if they made it. Go graphite on the irons if your swing isn't fast enough for steel.

Comment

65!!!!!!
                        That's awesome, Berz. Congrats!

Comment

• Berzerker
                          Berzerker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ty, back up into the mid 70s today

You'll get no sympathy from people here for shooting back in the 70's.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I watched a repeat of a long driving contest from late last year, Kyle Berkshire won it all with 4 swings

he beat 3 guys with 4 swings... The guy is amazing. Some 'local' kid has a golf blog and does youtube videos and he got Kyle to come out and play Firekeeper about 20 miles north of Topeka the week before we had our 2 man scramble (maybe I mentioned that somewhere already). Anyway, I just found out Kyle uses a 2x stiff driver when golfing but he uses a regular flex for long drive contests. That blew me away.

He said the reason is the regular flex creates more whip so he can hit it further whereas the 2x shaft is more accurate. If you've ever seen a long driving contest they have a 'grid' with the yardages measured out, it looks like 400+ yard long soccer field. They get 8 shots to make their best distance, fairways are typically much more narrow.

Berkshire has a unique swing, a little bit like Happy Gilmore. He rocks back and forth on his feet actually lifting them off the ground before launching the ball. And he snaps his left leg really hard into a straight locked position at impact.

Comment

Working...
                          X