No announcement yet.

MLB 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Talk Live is talking about David Ross being the choice of the Cubs to be announced probably on Thursday.

Comment

Ross is the chalk. (Espada, Astros bench coach, is the only other one to get a 2nd interview.) Heck, they were talking about Ross as future manager last winter. Glory days with the team. Well-respected as a player, hard worker, long career without much hitting talent. Tough under pressure. A leader who will be beholden to the Theo management style. Good with the media. So why not? We could do worse.

Of course, I consider the Cubs championship window to basically be closed. Dumping Maddon marks the end of an era. So sure, bring on Dave Ross.

Won't mean a thing if they don't run out and buy some stud pitching. Looking around, it does seem like the last 2 teams standing are the ones with the best starting staffs.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Washington Nationals, World Series Champions.

WOW!
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yep... and a Home Team didn't win a SINGLE GAME... a first in World Series History
          Congrats Nats... YOU EARNED IT
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I heard that it has never happened before in any US major sport where there's a 7 game final. (basketball and hockey)
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct per ESPN. And pretty amazing.

I would have lost money, I was expecting Houston in 5

the little guys are the heroes, Rendon and Kendrick

Comment

I would have too.
              And LA loses AGAIN.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I should add Eaton to the hero list

hell, Soto had a good series with 3 HRs
                Last edited by Berzerker; October 31, 2019, 16:00.

Comment

Good thing the Astros didn't gamble on baseball or they might have faced punishment.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                  X