2018 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL Draft

What do you think? How did your team do?
    NFL.com apparently doesn't get the Bell Curve concept, as they gave "A" variations to most.
    The notable exceptions being Seattle and Oakland.
    I'm satisfed with the Cowboys effort.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Yeah, seems like Dallas had a decent draft.

Bears have been wandering the wilderness so long, I don't know what to think.
    LB Roquan Smith is a nice new toy for Fangio to play with on defense, so that should be good - especially if he's the new Patrick Willis.
    The OLine and WR picked in R2 are both need areas, so it's hard to complain.

I'm concerned they didn't get an edge rusher in the early rounds to bookend with Leonard Floyd, but when your team sucks, you can't fill every need...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I saw the same thing at NFL.com. I think the lowest overall grade was a C! I agree with Jack on the Bears draft. I was thinking they might move down in first round (and hoping no lower than 12), but really like the pick. I thought they might move down in 2nd round and surprised when they moved up. Hope the WR is worth that 2nd next year (plus the fourth this year). We'll see if they get anyone else in FA for edge rush.

Comment

Cowboys still need a Safety, which I think they can still address; but this was one of their better drafts.
        Jerry ceding some power to Stephen helps.
        NFL dropped a lot of grades from "A" to "B", but still isn't quite diverse enough. Chicago did have a solid draft, I agree.
        Another big thing is the Cowboys have like the 4th most salary cap space. Huge difference than the norm.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; April 30, 2018, 03:05.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It's always easy to fall in love with the hype on draft day.
          But overall, most respectable sports sources are giving the Bears High Grades.
          USA Today gave them the third or fourth highest grade.
          Only time will tell. That, and as DB points out... what they do now. Can they fill their remaining holes with FA's.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's hard to grade a draft until a few years later but it would be nice to get through a draft where they didn't give away a draft pick for the following year.
            I keep thinking they had a hard on for a player and got taken advantage of to get the person.
            WE'll see. They had needs and except for the secondary they seem to have filled some of them. There are only so many picks. ESPECIALLY if you keep giving them away.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Mel Kiper actually named the Bears his #1 team for Day 2 (rounds 2-3) because of that move up to get WR Anthony Miller.
              I guess Mel had a hard-on for him, too...
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

But just like last year, I like the pick, just don't like the price paid.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Everything that I'm reading now says Chicago and Dallas had the best drafts. They praise the selection at LB by Chicago.

Comment

Random NFL news:

Bears signed TE Zach Miller (leg) to a one-year contract.

It is a classy move from the Bears. Miller suffered a dislocated knee last season which required emergency surgery just to save his leg. He has undergone nine operations since the injury, and it appears highly unlikely he is able to play again. The deal will pay Miller $790,000 if he can play this season or $458,000 if he, as expected, cannot.

Source: ProFootballTalk on Twitter
                    Jun 4 - 8:40 AM

Not often that the Bears are described as doing something classy...

Comment

I'm surprised that he wants to try.

Comment

I'm surprised that he wants to try.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Heard him interviewed on the radio. He is very appreciative of the (vet minimum) contract, and said he knows it's a longshot but he really does want to play again. Hopefully that motivation will help him rehab to the point where he can walk without a limp...

Yeah, classy move. So surprising considering who we're talking about.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X