Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thibs out in Minnesota!

Comment

And even though they're downplaying it, there is still talk of Hoiberg as a possible replacement. You just can't make this **** up.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Blackhawks got third pick in NHL draft with a 3% chance for it so with a 12.5% chance maybe the Bulls can get the #`1 pick, though I would settle for #2.

Comment

Double doink is bad in football, but quadruple doink is good in basketball.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

New Orleans wins the Zion Williamson Sweepstakes. Memphis will pick #2, NY Knicks third and the Lakers 4th.

For the 3rd straight year, the Bulls will pick 7th.

Cleveland and Phoenix fell from the top 3, and only the Knicks stayed in the top 4. In fact, none of the bottom-feeder teams got the reverse-order pick they "earned" with their terrible seasons.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

While in a way, it's nice that tanking didn't pay and I think that's good for sports in general since I hate tanking, but it does suck that we ended up with the worst possible result that we could.
              Probably destined for more mediocrity. Maybe if they stay healthy they can attain a first round elimination in the playoffs.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Actually, they could have dropped to 8th. So it could be worse...
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Oh that makes me feel so much better

upon further review are you sure

After the first three picks are decided, the remaining draft ordered is decided based off what each team's lottery odds were.
                  So we were fourth and after 3 were decided then they went in order so 7th should have been the worst
                  Last edited by rah; May 15, 2019, 15:21.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Upon further review, I'm totally sure. Chicago had a 2.2% chance of getting the 8th pick.

Here's a link to the math. You're welcome.

Comment

That doesn't jive with the article that I found (and quoted above) which said only three were selected but 4 makes more sense with the display they were showing but I was looking for something like what your posted so I'll go with it.
                      Thnx
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

NBA changed the rules this year.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The league may have succeeded in nudging people away from season-long tanking. The bottom 6 teams all dropped to worse draft positions.

Standings vs Draft Position
                          1 - NY Knicks - 3rd
                          2 - Cleveland - 5th
                          3 - Phoenix - 6th
                          4 - Chicago - 7th
                          5 - Atlanta - 8th
                          6 - Washington - 9th
                          7 - New Orleans - 1st

Biggest movers: New Orleans 7>>1, obviously. Memphis moved from 8th to 2nd; Lakers went from 11th to 4th.

Comment

I loved sam smith's comment on the bulls pick

Chicago: The Bulls love to say they can't believe (name of draft pick) was there when they picked. This time it's really, really true.

I figured Coby would get picked 6th, especially after the trade and was pleasantly surprised to see him avail for the Bulls to pick
                            It takes a little of the sting out of the lottery ball screw job.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And the anywhere but CHICAGO free agency period has begun.
                              Sit back and watch all the big names go to other teams while the Bulls over pay for lesser free agents who will come to Chicago because they know we are desperate and will over pay
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Aw come on, we signed young to come off our bench for 3 years. Let the party begin.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X