2017-2018 NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-2018 NBA Season

SO now that the finals are over and the DRAFT is tonight, I figure it's time to start a new thread for the half dozen or so posts we'll get this year.

My only two questions are quite CHICAGO centric.

Will the BULLs trade butler.

And how will the screw up this year's draft.

We won't have a long wait.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

The Bulls will do whatever will increase the chances of GarPax keepting their job. That probably means keeping Jimmy Butler.

Until the Reinsdorfs figure that out and fire them both (Paxson and Foreman), the Bulls will continue to be Chicago's worst-managed pro sports franchise.
    And looking at the Bears, that is saying a lot.

I hate to say it, but the Bulls are now among the most pathetic and irrelevant franchises in the NBA. From legend to laughingstock. Sad.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think they should trade him, but I agree with JR that it won't happen and they are the worst GM's in town. Sigh!!

Comment

Unbelievable, it's like giving him up for a bag of balls. The bulls get ripped off again.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm sure there were much better deals out there. Yeah, they like Dunn, but what did he do last year?? Nothing!! Plus they had to give up this year's pick as well for the #7? You are correct, RAH.

Comment

****! What a bunch of morons. This management team HAS TO GO.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Bulls broadcast team is trying to spin it that Levine was averaging 20 ppg and Dunn didn't get to play much because they were showcasing their other star and Thibodeau doesn't like rookies. Also, if they are bad again they get a lottery pick out of it as well. But you have to be right about this and that pick as well. But I don't trust our management.

Comment

Lauri Markkanen from Arizona is actually the key to the deal. Big man with a Nowitzki skill set.

Now that the deed is done, definitely time to clean house on the management side.

Also, wishing best of luck to Jimmy Butler, reunited with Thibs in Minneapolis!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Lauri Markkanen from Arizona is actually the key to the deal. Big man with a Nowitzki skill set.

Now that the deed is done, definitely time to clean house on the management side.

Also, wishing best of luck to Jimmy Butler, reunited with Thibs in Minneapolis!
                  Hope you're right, but for now their pick just looks like a 7 foot version of Doug McDermott and we all know how well that turned out.

An article in the Washington Post reflects my opinion pretty clear. After they listed the WINNERS in the draft (headed up by Minnesota) they listed the losers

LOSERS

Chicago Bulls

The Bulls have spent more than a year debating whether to trade Butler. Thursday, they finally pulled the trigger, and they got what can only be described as a middling package in return. Kris Dunn was a total flop as a rookie. Zach LaVine has impressed early in his career, but is recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament. And then Chicago took Lauri Markkanen, who has potential but will need to prove he is a high-level, long-term performer.

But the biggest hang-up in this trade was the fact Chicago had to swap first-round picks with Minnesota to get the deal done. Perhaps Dunn will develop, perhaps LaVine will turn into an all-star guard, and perhaps Markkanen will become an elite stretch four. That is a lot of maybes in exchange for a three-time all-star and 2017 all-NBA player.
                  The last paragraph is the biggest item to me. If they had kept the 16th pick, I could have probably lived with it. But having to give it up is just getting pantsed as badly as the Bears did.

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe they're looking to tank for the next 3 seasons, hope the Warriors team breaks up, and get enough high draft picks in the meantime to have a future then.

Comment

Yeah, stockpiling those picks, by giving Min the 16 pick, selling their second round pick for cash. And have already traded their second round picks for the next few years. *sigh*
                      Just more dwindling assets. But they are trying to set the record for how many soon to be injured players they can have on the roster at the same time.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread only to express my delight that the BULLS finally got rid of Hoiberg this morning. Why now isn't exactly going to help at this point. But it assures he won't be the coach next year. They said his lifetime record was 115 and 155, but it seemed like it was a lot worse.

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It certainly did, but they should have gotten rid of Gar Foreman at the same time. Fred was his pick (and maybe Pax's) and then they didn't do anything in first few years to help him out. Yes, they have some good players now, but have to figure out some way to get Free Agents here. But I personally think that is due to Reinsdorf. His GM's can't get them to come here and he can't find one with experience and "street cred" to get them here. I thought I heard he wants to get another ring in basketball, but he won't if they keep going this way.

Comment

We are now past the 1/4 mark of the 2018/2019 season. At this point, the teams are pretty much what their record says they are. And......
                            San Antonio has a losing record. Wow!
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yeah, SA's record is a surprise.

And also, I agree that Foreman should have been jettisoned also. Probably Pax too. Quality FAs don't even pretend to want to come here. Only those approaching 40 and looking for one last payday.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X