Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NFL DRAFT

Ok it starts tomorrow so I'm sure we can get 1 or 2 posts in about it

Since many of us are Bears fans, I'll start there.

I was original convinced they'd take the best defensive player available but now getting scared that they'll pick the wrong QB prospect with the third pick.

Now hearing thet Cleveland want both a starter and a qb the bears could offer to trade down for their 12 pick.
    I'd go for swapping their 12th for our 3rd for switching our second round (their 1st for our 3rd) and their other second round pick.
    That way if we pick a qb in the first round I won't feel so bad.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I started off wanting the Bears to take a QB at #3 overall (and, barring a trade, they would need to in order to land one of the top 4 prospects). Deshaun, Mahomes, Trubisky and Kizer are all basically 2nd-round talents, but because it's the NFL, it's likely at least 3 of them will go in the top 32 - maybe in the top 15. And reaching for a QB means all other needs will be filled by lesser players. So I've shifted, and now hope Chicago grabs an impact defensive player (FS, CB, or DL). Much safer, and I trust Fangio's defense to make good use of talent. Can't say that about the offense.

For the Bears to trade down would be optimal, and would bring QB into play. But everyone (reportedly 5-6 of the top 10) is trying to trade down, so I don't think that's a realistic probability.

I'd actually be OK with waiting another year for a QB. Next year's class is supposed to be significantly better, and the Bears are likely to suck bad enough to get one of them.
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 26, 2017, 11:19.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Looks like the only sure thing in this draft is DE Myles Garrett to Cleveland at #1.

Garrett is a freak. He measures taller than Julio Jones, heavier than Rob Gronkowski, quicker (10-yard split) than Devonta Freeman and faster (40-yard dash) than Jarvis Landry.
      Even better: Garret's never been arrested. And he's smart. Talk about a freak!

So #1 is an easy choice. But after that, things could get weird in a hurry.

In RB news affecting the draft:

-Adrian Peterson signed with the Saints. Kind of an odd choice by AP, IMHO.
      -Seattle and Oakland/Las Vegas have worked out a trade, so Marshawn Lynch is coming out of retirement to play for the Raiders.

Both are 2-year deals at about $3.5MM/yr.
      Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 26, 2017, 11:20.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

But do they think the QB they desire will make it to the 12th pick? As you said, many teams are looking to trade down and Cleveland has the assets to temp someone.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Trubisky is the odds-on favorite to go first among QBs.

If Cleveland doesn't care which of the top 3 QBs they get, they can just sit tight at 12. If the Browns are targeting Trubisky (an Ohio native), they have the assets to move up as far as they need to. But why move up to 3 when all you need is to be before the QB-needy Jets at 6? Very doubtful the Bears will be the team to benefit.

Comment

I'm hoping they trade down from three, but not past 15, and get a couple more second rounders and then maybe one of the QB's will fall to them or they can trade up to late in the first round for a QB. But if they don't get one until the later rounds, I'm OK with that. They have enough needs that more picks is the top thing in my book.

Comment

I'm hoping the Browns get paranoid and are afraid that the Jets will pick their guy which means they have to pick 2,3,4,5, to get the one they want.

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Browns jumping from 12 to 3 would be sweet for the Bears, and is therefore extremely unlikely.

Comment

Correction: Marshawn Lynch's deal with Oakland is now reported as 2 yrs, $9MM base, $16.5MM max with incentives. My bad.

Comment

It is kind of funny listening to the radio and hearing all these "PAID" experts on the draft. Some guys whole careers are covering it. All with different opinions. It must be nice. Not like the ole days.

And yes, moving from 3 to 12 would probably be good so of course it can't happen. But one can hope.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Much more likely (and affordable) for them to move from #36 up into the tail end of R1 for their QB.

Comment

Yeah, but then they will more likely be giving instead of getting. But of course, that's the bear way.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

With the exception of Howard, the Bears have been simply terrible in the draft for many years.
                          While no matter who the draft, time will tell... but I would like to see them look like they know what they are doing for a change
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Under an hour away, and I must admit a certain trainwreck fascination with it.

I'm looking for a whole lot of trades in the first round this year. Always amusing - especially when you look back after a couple years.

Comment

Yes... I'm most interested in seeing the trades in the first round.
                              And as far as a train wreck... I can just see the Bears making a bad trade, and then taking the wrong players
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X